Outworn Buckler vs. Large Shields (Larder Door, Thy Cleft, The bounty one).

So which should I use? I always struggle with it.  Fully enchanted Outworn Buckler is 3 less Deflection (Because it actually nets you 8 Deflection +5 so its 13) and gives you 5 more Fort and Will.  The large shields will give you 3 more Deflection and a better Reflex save (because of the Per nerf one of my tanks has a 10 Deflection).  Obviously you get more Accuracy but with the new changes when I go offense with my tank (A paladin with 10 Per so average ACC) I use a single handed weapon and no shield so get high accuracy over the 2hander.  So when I am switching to a shield it isn't for offense..what do you guys think? 

Have gun will travel.

Right. I always use the Little Saviour (I don't use paladins a lot, so the Outworn Buckler is no option gor me) on my main tank. Last time he also used Cladingelingdong (the spear from "the bronze beneath the lake" quest). I enchanted it with marking and Coordinating. So together with Mob Justice from the Dozens, Coordinating and the inherent acc bonus of spears I got +13 acc on my main tank and also provided +10 acc to the next ally that attacked the same target as well as +5 to all defenses around him (Herald). Nice setup for a tank, I thought. In that situation I was happy that the accuracy was not crippled by a large shield. One could also consider fully upgraded Larder Door for builds that profit from full attacks that apply some afflictions.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

and also provided +10 acc to the next ally that attacked the same target

So that's how Marking works eh? Just one ally, being the next one that happens to attack? I think I remember reading somewhere that it also had a range, so that it might not count a ranged ally standing too far away. Can you confirm these things?

Also, about the Outworn Buckler (Herald) effect, is anyone still experiencing that it doesn't stack with Deflection- and other defense-boosting items? This was a bug that only some players reported (myself included). To be sure, I would check your character sheet a few seconds into starting combat, as it would sometimes take a moment for the Herald effect to activate. Can we be certain that this bug has been definitively resolved in 2.0?

Edited by Nobear

Recent tests with my blunderbuss cipher showed that marking does work, but you have to initiate the attack at either the same time in pause or have to wait until the marker makes one attack first if you're late. Range wise, I tested to about 4 feet. Within a paladin's aura or chanter's range, at least.

• Like 1