characters moving awkward

Guest FlorianGh

Question

Guest FlorianGh

Since beta 2.0 I have seen characters moving awkward across the man randomly. It's like they lack frames at animation when this happens and they usually stand still. Today I saw that even the enemy rarely does this. 

14 answers to this question

Guest FlorianGh

this is still happening. Can someone please help me get rid of this bug? I tried everything from uninstall to start a new game. It often happens when I slow or fasten the speed of the game.

here is a link of my drive with a savegame file :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0JJj3iiOF0iOUdYaGc5OEJoRDg

output_log.txt

Edited by FlorianGh

Are they wearing boots of speed and/or are within range of a Paladin's Zealous Charge aura?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guest FlorianGh

Are they wearing boots of speed and/or are within range of a Paladin's Zealous Charge aura?

no boots of speed but yes I have 2 palladins in my party but it happened also when I had none but just to be sure I'm turning it off right now.

Edited by FlorianGh

When characters are under the effects of anything that increases their move speed, they start brisk-walking awkwardly out of combat instead of running. I believe this was reported already after PX1 came out and QA wrote up a bug for it; hopefully it's going to get fixed.

I don't mind speed boosts being combat only (I'm actually in favor of that), but there's no reason why movement animations should change out of combat (and it's rather counter-intuitive that characters would run with no speed boosts, and brisk-walk with them.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guest FlorianGh

BTW this also seem to happen to enemies as well in and out of combat. I am trying to record several videos.

Edited by FlorianGh

^ If you have a nVidia video card, you can use Shadow Play. It works pretty well.

Guest FlorianGh

so it seems it mainly happens in some areas.Most frequent is Stalward. I have video footage I just need to crop the video. Tomorrow I hope.

Guest FlorianGh

I installed it at work and I noticed something : all the settings got reset ( colorblind mode disabled ) but at home when I reinstalled it all the settings remained although I deleted the folder. Does Pillars keeps files in other folders ? I think this might be the problem since it started with using IE mod.

I don't have the issue in the OP at work BTW

Edited by FlorianGh

Settings are kept in Window's registry. If you clean it up after uninstalling the game, settings should reset.

Guest FlorianGh

used the uninstaller and now the problem is solved. I will never use IE mod again. Look how much time I played like this :(