Alternate way to open Durgan's battery. Spoilers

Hi all, just a question, is there an alternate way to open the battery? Do I have to awaken one of the dwarves in order to learn the cantec?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

*SPOILER*

As far as I can tell there is no other way, but if your goal is to try not hurting anyone...One of the souls you awaken can be suppressed back into dormancy after you've gotten your information ;) and

**END GAME SPOILER**

even seems to have a positive impact on the town after you finish the expansion

Mm darn, strikes me as a really unpleasant thing to do.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

With the proper stats it's not that unpleasant.

Who did you Awaken? 

I chose the maid in the inn. It seems that the Awakened persona will either make her a much richer dwarf or bring her in big trouble. I hope for the best, but I still wonder if there was a better person to choose for the Awakening.

I'm stuck at the mo, not sure who to awaken. So far it is between the maid and the old dwarf, but the journal mentions that there could be more people? Not sure if I am missing someone? At any rate I was hoping there would be a book or something.... Ah well, someone need to sacrifice their sanity, it's for the good of stalwart after all....

Lord of Light

Ah ok

The old woman in the house to the west. You awaken her, get the info, and if you have the appropriate stats you can un-awaken her. If not, she'll turn hostile and you'll have to one hit an old lady.

Ah, ok I'll try that then thanks.

Lord of Light

I went with the dwarf maid in the inn, because the Innkeeper is a racist ****, I'm an Orlan, and I'd really like her to rob him blind and con him out of the inn.

Yeah he is an unpleasant character, no doubt about it. Just not sure that it's a sufficient reason to punish the maid :)

Lord of Light

I went with the dwarf maid in the inn, because the Innkeeper is a racist ****, I'm an Orlan, and I'd really like her to rob him blind and con him out of the inn.

Yeah he is an unpleasant character, no doubt about it. Just not sure that it's a sufficient reason to punish the maid :)

Right, I get you. I understand your viewpoint.

On the other hand, the maid is also be oppressed by the innkeeper and also, I worship Skaen. So there's that. :fdevil:

Edited by Katarack21