Durgan Iron Ingots

On the upper left corner of the first floor of the battery, there is a hidden room with a frozen dwarf inside. There you can get a note detailing the location of a few more ingots. They are  in a mine cart, west side of the second floor.

I have also found, although it might be a bug, that if I leave the map and return, some of the locations that contained ingots did so again.

What enhancements do they bring to equipment?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Do those cost enchantment "slots"? If so, how many?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There's one or two outside the Battery. I know that there's an ingot in the alpine dragon's cave, for example.

Edit: The aumaua apprentice in Cragholdt has 3 ingots hidden away in her lab. They count as stealing, so you pretty much have to kill her if you want them.

Edited by Mechalibur

On the upper left corner of the first floor of the battery, there is a hidden room with a frozen dwarf inside. There you can get a note detailing the location of a few more ingots. They are  in a mine cart, west side of the second floor.

I have also found, although it might be a bug, that if I leave the map and return, some of the locations that contained ingots did so again.

I found that note and took the minecart. Are the ingots in the same room as the Shield Sigil? How many were in there?

Do those cost enchantment "slots"? If so, how many?

They don't cost anything and the uprages are pretty good IMO. A fighter with Armored Grace and heavy armor enhanced with DS will have 32% reduction in the speed penalty. Additionally, upgrading the weapon improves its speed by 15%, and upgrading a shied also improves the single weapon's speed by 15%. They give other nice bonuses, too. +chance to crit on wepons and convert crits to hit on armor.

You can't upgrade soulbound weapons with them, though.

Edited by Judicator

For the -16% armor speed penalty for the armor upgrade, is that multiplicative or additive to your penalty? On a 25% penalty base armour that would be 21% /9% final penalty, so it makes a pretty big difference.

Additive.

For the -16% armor speed penalty for the armor upgrade, is that multiplicative or additive to your penalty? On a 25% penalty base armour that would be 21% /9% final penalty, so it makes a pretty big difference.

Additive.

What happens if you add -16% to the 15% penalty on a robe? Does it become lighter than going naked?

Hmm, perhaps this steel has negative mass? Would explain why it's only added to other items, instead of being used to make some new ones - they'd just fly away :p

What happens if you add -16% to the 15% penalty on a robe? Does it become lighter than going naked?

Probably not; I guess it would merely zero out the armor penalty.

The only way to know for sure would be a frame by frame analysis, but it would be too time-consuming for a 1% difference :)

new DPS build gogogo

Hmm, perhaps this steel has negative mass? Would explain why it's only added to other items, instead of being used to make some new ones - they'd just fly away tongue.png

Not sure if serious.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

new DPS build gogogo

Hmm, perhaps this steel has negative mass? Would explain why it's only added to other items, instead of being used to make some new ones - they'd just fly away tongue.png

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe" s_law"="">Not sure if serious.

I'm not sure myself, to be honest :p I mean, it is a silly idea, but then again it also makes a lot of sense, esp. if we reword "negative mass" to "inherent floating enchantment." We know that such enchantment exists, 'cos one of the archmage's apprentices casts it on every weapon she can find... and she just so happens to have a large stash of this very iron hidden in her room... *plays X-Files theme*

Edited by mph

It decreases speed penalty for as long as there is a penalty. Naked fighters with armored grace do not become faster. It would be funny to get a +32% recovery bonus having Armored Grace and simple clothing enchanted with durgan steel.

The only question is: does Armored Grace stack with the enchantment? Unbroken doesn't seem to stack with Second Chance, so I doubt this would.

It decreases speed penalty for as long as there is a penalty. Naked fighters with armored grace do not become faster. It would be funny to get a +32% recovery bonus having Armored Grace and simple clothing enchanted with durgan steel.

The only question is: does Armored Grace stack with the enchantment? Unbroken doesn't seem to stack with Second Chance, so I doubt this would.

Good point.

As for Unbroken and Second Chance, earlier today I was leveling the 2-handed soulbound sword with Eder, and it asked for 5 in-battle resurrections. So I made him charge some enemies naked, with a 2nd chance ring on and AI turned off. They beat him up, Unbroken triggered, and it didn't count as a resurrection, then they beat him up some more, he got KO-ed, and then 2nd Chance came along, and that did count as one (then they beat him up some more, and Durance brought him back a couple of times).

Edited by mph

It does stack with Armored Grace; I tested it.

Good point.

As for Unbroken and Second Chance, earlier today I was leveling the 2-handed soulbound sword with Eder, and it asked for 5 in-battle resurrections. So I made him charge some enemies naked, with a 2nd chance ring on and AI turned off. They beat him up, Unbroken triggered, and it didn't count as a resurrection, then they beat him up some more, he got KO-ed, and then 2nd Chance came along, and that did count as one (then they beat him up some more, and Durance brought him back a couple of times).

The last time prior to the expansion when I actually played the game SC didn't work with Unbroken. That was patch 1.04 I think. Edér never had the chance to go down twice since, so if it really stacks it's a welcoming change.

It does stack with Armored Grace; I tested it.

So DPS fighters can walk around with medium armor and no recovery penalty? Nice. Even full plate would be only 18 % now, that's pretty strong. Maybe even too strong, but OTOH, if they didn't make them stack it would make Armored Grace a pointless ability.

I love DPS Fighters and plate armor and I approve of this stacking (emoticon with top hat and pipe.)