Easiest way to check this out is using the console to get a character to level 14.

There are no new talentss besides the multiclass talents.

From the top of my head, Paladins get a chain-heal (Lay on hands that jumps to up to 5 or 6 targets), Fighters an aura that redirects 50% damage from all allies in the aura to the fighter. Both also get one more new ability, I think, but I can't remember.

Just check for yourself, really.

There are two new abilities for the martial classes each, one additional at lvl 11 and a single one at lvl 13. This is my party composition, i don't care much for the spellcasters:

Fighter:

- Modal aura that absorbs 50% of incoming damage from allies around him.

- Attack that decreases enemies DR and has +20% damage, per encounter

Paladin:

- Chainheal, per encounter, jumps up to 5-6 times, heals around 60 endurance

- Immolation, per encounter, AoE: heals allies, hurts enemies, hurts himself

Ranger:

- Play Dead, per encounter, Animal is untargetable, gets healed

- Shoot twice, modal, fires 2 attacks at once with bows (hunting- and war-) only, -10 accuracy

Rogue:

- Smokebomb, per encounter, decreases enemies defenses and their engagement limit by 1

- Stunning Attack, per encounter, stuns

Monk:

- Iron Wheel: +1 DT per wound

- Fire/Ice Twins: 8 wounds, Summons two unarmed copies of the character with equal (?) stats, one fire based, one ice based

Chanter:

- 3 new 4th Level Chants, 3 new 4th Level Incovation, for some reason an additional general talent at LVL 13 (or it was because it is my main).

- 4th lvl chants take 10 seconds to cast and have 5 seconds linger time.

- Chants Include Defenses against mind targeting CC (charm, confuse, etc) or a damage shield that absorbs 30 damage once per chanted.

- One Invocation increases attack speed, DT and interrupt of the chanter heavily

The damage shield chant was pretty underwhelming:

I fought with exceptional platemail against darguls on Od Nua Lvl 6 and could only tank 2 hits with that damage shield until it was gone.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 6

Unlike the person above, I don't care for martial classes, only spellcasters. So here are the spells:

~ Cipher ~

- Stasis Shell

The Cipher is able to isolate a single enemy from the world, leaving them unable to act, but also unable to be affected by outside parties.

Requires 40 Focus

Speed: Average

Range: 10m

Effects:

Foe Target: Stasis Shield for base 20sec vs. Will (+10 Accuracy)

- Time Parasite

By siphoning power from enemies' souls, the Cipher is able to slow them down and increase his or her own speed.

Requires 40 Focus

Range: 10m + 10m Jump

Area of Effect: Foe Target + 5 Jump Foe Targets

Effects:

Foe Target: Steal 50% of Attack Speed for base 10sec vs. Will (+5 Accuracy)

Foe Jump Targets: Steal 50% of Attack Speed for base 10sec vs. Will (+5 Accuracy)

~ Druid ~

- Call of the Primordials

The Druid pulls raw spiritual energy of nature together into the physical forms of 2 or 3 random oozes and slimes.

Speed: Slow

Range: 6m

Effects:

Summon 2-3 Of: Black Ooze, Swamp Slime, Frost Ooze

- Nature's Bounty

All unoccupied quick slots in the party are filled with wondrous nectar that can be consumed for combat bonuses and healing.

Area of Effect: Base 5m Radius from caster

Effects:

Fill Quick Items with Nature's Bounty

- Weather the Storm

The Druid casts a powerful aegis against the forces of nature over his or her allies, granting a large resistance to Burn, Corrode, Freeze, and Shock damage.

Range: 5m

Area of Effect: Base 2.5m Radius

Effects:

Friendly AoE: +15 Damage Reduction (Burn, Freeze, Shock, Corrode) for base 10sec

~ Wizard ~

- Delayed Fireball

The Wizard hurls a tiny ball of flame that sits for a fixed amount of time before exploding for heavy Burn damage.

Speed: Fast

Area of Effect: Base 2.5m Radius

Interrupt: 0.5sec (Average)

Effects:

AoE: base 60-65 Burn vs. Reflex (+10 Accuracy)

- Llengrath's Warding Staff

This spell conjures a powerful quarterstaff that adds Deflection and pushes enemies away with a Hobbled effect on each successful attack. The summoning itself pushes everyone (including allies) away from the caster.

Speed: Fast

Area of Effect: Base 5m Radius from Caster

Effects:

AoE: 2.5m Push vs. Will (+10 Accuracy)

Caster: Summon Weapon: Llengrath's Warding Staff for base 30sec

- Ninagauth's Killing Bolt

This spell inflicts a heavy amount of Raw damage to the target. Any non-Spirit felled by the attack will summon a Spectre under the caster's control.

Effects:

Target: 75 Raw Damage vs. Fortitude (+10 Accuracy)

- Substantial Phantom

Substantial Phantom is an advanced version of Essential Phantom, creating an independent copy of the Wizard that can cast a small set of low-level spells (e.g. Minoletta's Minor Missiles, Necrotic Lance, Arduous Delay of Motion). Due to the advanced nature of the spell, the copy from Substantial Phantom is more durable than Essential Phantom.

Range: 6m

Effects:

Summon: Wizard Duplicate

- Tayn's Chaotic Orb

Named for the eccentric Aedyran wizard Tayn, the chaotic orb bounces between a number of enemies, dealing damage and inflicting a variety of negative Afflictions including Petrified, Paralyzed, Weakened, Sickened, Stunned, and Blinded.

Range: 10m + 5m Jump

Area of Effect: Foe Target + 5 Foe Jump Targets

Effects:

Foe Target: Based 20-30 Crush vs. Deflection (+10 Accuracy), Petrified for base 3sec, Paralyzed for base 4sec, Weakened for base 7sec, Sickened for base 8sec, Stunned for base 5sec, Blinded for base 6sec vs. Will (+10 Accuracy)

Foe Jump Targets: Based 20-30 Crush vs. Deflection (+10 Accuracy), Petrified for base 3sec, Paralyzed for base 4sec, Weakened for base 7sec, Sickened for base 8sec, Stunned for base 5sec, Blinded for base 6sec vs. Will (+10 Accuracy)

- Wall of Draining

Enemies passing through or standing in this wall will lose time from any of their timed beneficial status effects. For each second drained, the Wizard gains duration on any beneficial status effects they have.

Range: 12m

Area of Effect: 20m Wall

Duration: 30sec

Effects:

Hazard AoE: Steal 4sec duration from each beneficial effect on the target vs. Will

~ Priest ~

- Minor Avatar

The Priest gains a supernatural glow as he or she is infused with power. As a minor avatar of their deity, the Priest gained bonuses in all Attributes, Endurance, Health, and weapon damage.

Effects:

Caster: +20% Melee Damage, +20% Ranged Damage, +8 Might, +8 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, +8 Perception, +40 Max Endurance, +8 Resolve, +8 Intellect for base 30sec

- Resurrection

A single ally is revived and healed. They receive the effects of Barring Death's Door and nearby allies are healed.

Range: 5m

Area of Effect: Friendly Target + base 1.5m Radius

Effects:

Friendly Target: Revie with base 125 Endurance, Prevent Death for base 20sec

Friendly AoE: Base +75 Endurance

- Storm of Holy Fire

A terrible rain of fire falls in the area of effect, repeatedly inflicting Burn damage on all in the area of effect.

Range: 15m

Area of Effect: Base 5m Radius

AoE Duration: Base 9sec

Interrupt: 0.5sec (Average)

Effects:

AoE: Base 24-30 Burn vs. Reflex (+10 Accuracy)

Also at 13th level, 3rd level spells become per encounter. This makes Wizards and Priests just... insane.

Edited by Wolken3156
  • Like 6

Unlike the person above, I don't care for martial classes, only spellcasters.

Being refered to as a person intead of my username makes me feel devalued somehow. :p Thanks for the list though! Feels a bit unfair that the spells are that much better than the stuff the chanter gets, not to say the martial classes. :/

Anyway, the barbarian is the only one missing now:

Barbarian:

- Eye of the storm: Can't be engaged by enemies 2 levels below the barbarian.

- Dragon Leap: 1 per encounter, select a location to jump to, Foe AoE, 20-30 damage, Foe AoE daze for 15 sec vs reflex

Edited by Doppelschwert

Unlike the person above, I don't care for martial classes, only spellcasters.

Being refered to as a person intead of my username makes me feel devalued somehow. :p Thanks for the list though! Feels a bit unfair that the spells are that much better than the stuff the chanter gets, not to say the martial classes. :/

Anyway, the barbarian is the only one missing now:

Barbarian:

- Eye of the storm: Can't be engaged by enemies 2 levels below the barbarian.

- Dragon Leap: 1 per encounter, select a location to jump to, Foe AoE, 20-30 damage, Foe AoE daze for 15 sec vs reflex

Well, Paladins and Monks don't have it that bad. The paladin's AoE is not too shabby, all in all, and the healing is an added bonus; Iron Wheel is pretty sweet, for a defensive monk, and the summon doesn't look too bad either; chanters get a level 13 chant that grants 15% draining , party wide... it should provide a fair bit of healing. Also, the chant that grants a shield reduces health loss, it can have its uses, especially if there's more than one chanter in your party. 

Fighters though... they get a modal that basically turns an average enemy AoE into a powerful single target spell... because nothing screams "bastion of defense" like being one-shotted by a fireball, and nothing screams "smart play" like your tank exploding as soon as the enemy mages start slinging their AoE spells. Also, their capstone... it's what, 8 damage/hit if your opponent's DR is >= 8, so if your party can attack him 10 times in that timespan, it's around 80 damage... let's say 100. Since you can cast it twice per fight, let's say it's worth about 200 damage over 16 seconds, that doesn't scale with might. 

That's about as good as a single casting of the dragon thrashed, the dragon wailed, 'cept, you know, single target. 

Pretty "meh" as a level 13 class ability.

Also, spellcasters getting 3rd level encounter spells... *cringes*

Edit: oh, yeah, and as for barbarians...the barbarian, the class with a talent that increases his damage when he's engaged, now has a class ability that makes him harder to engage... yay synergy!

Edit 2: come to think of it, the fighter modal could work hilarously well with withdraw, if it keeps working when the fighter is invulnerable. 

Of course, this means you're not really playing a tank, or playing at all, really, but still...

Edited by Njall
  • Like 2

Shoot twice seems sick.

Basically double ranger DPS with bows. Well, not exactly due to accuracy, but almost.

Double stunning shots... 1 stun is good but 2 stuns is better... Works well with on-hit effect weapons too. Hahahaha !

And if it combines with the Ranger's other thing that makes their shots able to pierce through and hit someone behind (I forget what it's called), you could be doing four shots at once in some cases. That almost makes me want to play Sagani LOL, but everyone else is looking good too, probably still more powerful than Rangers overall. I guess time and more experience will tell, though.

Edited by Nobear

There's an additional level 7 spell for wizard, only available in the grimoire that the boss of Cragholdt drops. It's Concelhaunt's Impending Doom, which creates a hammer above a target for ~15 seconds. Every now and then the hammer strikes, doing damage and knocking the target prone. It does more damage and gets better accuracy every time it attacks.

Edit: And yeah, I had Sagani pick up Twin Shot. She does absurd amounts of damage with Stormcaller, and Itumaak regularly crits for around 60. She's ridiculously good... until her pet dies, anyway.

Edited by Mechalibur
  • Like 2

Guys thanks a lot for all the input. I actualy leveld some classes by console and saw for myself after i made this post, but im sure it will help a lot of people out there. On another note im realy happy about the paladin immolation ability. Now im definitely gonna roll one.

There's an additional level 7 spell for wizard, only available in the grimoire that the boss of Cragholdt drops. It's Concelhaunt's Impending Doom, which creates a hammer above a target for ~15 seconds. Every now and then the hammer strikes, doing damage and knocking the target prone. It does more damage and gets better accuracy every time it attacks.

Now that is an awesome idea: spells only learnable through unique grimoires. Sounds like a cool spell, too. IDK how it would compare to a druid's Relentless Storm, though. Maybe better for single target but worse for AoE?

Now that is an awesome idea: spells only learnable through unique grimoires. Sounds like a cool spell, too. IDK how it would compare to a druid's Relentless Storm, though. Maybe better for single target but worse for AoE?

Basically, yeah. Since the accuracy keeps increasing it's not bad against enemies like dragons. Unfortunately the precise numbers aren't shown on the tooltip, so I might have to play around with it for a bit to see how good it is.

I would like to mention that Concelhaunt himself used this ability against me, and it was quite painful for poor Aloth.

• Like 1

Basically, yeah. Since the accuracy keeps increasing it's not bad against enemies like dragons. Unfortunately the precise numbers aren't shown on the tooltip, so I might have to play around with it for a bit to see how good it is.

I thought they were adding some CC immunities. Dragons would seem to be a prime candidate for this, seeing how big and mighty they are and all that, but IDK which enemies actually have them and which don't.

The immunities they added were mostly elemental ones. Adra dragon is immune to corrode, Alpine is immune to cold, Sky to electricity, etc. Dragons can still be affected by prone, stun, paralyze, and petrify. Which is a good thing for me, since most my dragon slayer strategies involve that.

Anyway, I did some more testing on Concelhaunt's Crushing Doom, and it seems to have some issues. It lasts a base of 10 seconds, but this increases with int. My Aloth could cast it with a duration of 14 seconds. In those 14 seconds the hammer attacked a total of 6 times (so a bit slower than 1 hit every 2 secs), with base damage starting around 20, and ending around 50. The accuracy increased with each hit... but the problem is its base accuracy was phenomenally low. I had Aloth test this ability against Eder. The first hit had an accuracy of 76, and the last hit had an accuracy of 101. The problem is, when I cast any other spell on Eder, the accuracy was 100. So even though the hammer gets more accurate, its starting accuracy is so low it hardly seems to matter. The prone effect can still be useful, but it uses the same base accuracy.

Edited by Mechalibur
  • Like 1

The immunities they added were mostly elemental ones. Adra dragon is immune to acid, Alpine is immune to corrode, Sky to electricity, etc. Dragons can still be affected by prone, stun, paralyze, and petrify. Which is a good thing for me, since most my dragon slayer strategies involve that.

Anyway, I did some more testing on Concelhaunt's Crushing Doom, and it seems to have some issues. It lasts a base of 10 seconds, but this increases with int. My Aloth could cast it with a duration of 14 seconds. In those 14 seconds the hammer attacked a total of 6 times (so a bit slower than 1 hit every 2 secs), with base damage starting around 20, and ending around 50. The accuracy increased with each hit... but the problem is its base accuracy was phenomenally low. I had Aloth test this ability against Eder. The first hit had an accuracy of 76, and the last hit had an accuracy of 101. The problem is, when I cast any other spell on Eder, the accuracy was 100. So even though the hammer gets more accurate, its starting accuracy is so low it hardly seems to matter. The prone effect can still be useful, but it uses the same base accuracy.

Adra is immune to acid and Alpine to corrode? Aren't acid effects classified as either corrode or raw?

About Crushing Doom, does it always "land," as in, even if the starting accuracy is too low for it to hit with the early hits, will it always successfully cast and keep attempting to hit over its duration?

Oh, I don't mean anything negative by that, I was only joking around with how you mentioned your lack of care for spell casters.

But yeah, 3rd level spells being per encounter is pretty much the most powerful new addition. The 7th-level spells are actually pretty underwhelming (Especially Druid) overall. Time Parasite looks insane but that 40 Focus cost makes it almost unusable.

• Like 1