I either forgot how to play the game OR 2.0 patch made the game harder...

My last savegame from the original game patched to 1.06 was fighting the very last guy (the one with 2 statues). I recall beating him easily with 1.06 update, on Normal, and on the highest level possible for the original game.  Now its hard and I can't figure out whether I just forgot how to play or whether its the 2.0 patch that made the game harder. Any ideas?

Did 2.0 patch the game OVERALL harder or easier?

The AI is better (still not at a human level and it never will be) but for an RPG made in this era its difficult.  The AI uses more appropriate spells for situations and does not mindlessly dog pile tanks forcing you to play less Defensively with tanks which goes in their favor cause your tank isn't as hard or using a meat bag style of tank and using terrain or mobility to your advantage.  I think its done well.

I played the crap out of Dragon Age Inquisition and on Nightmare from the start and still to this day do not know what the death screen looks like.  Too easy.  This is a lot better.

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

Haha, dont think you are suppost o be able to do that... should need to kill him twice and fight statues.. Well if you want to beat him normally.. use the rings that remove negative effects and some of the heal scrolls.. And focus the statue hes not in.

That's pretty much how I ended up beating him. Sagani was able to stunlock him with that talent that lets you stun when you hit something your pet is engaging. After he was stunned, his reflex was so low that Hiravais was easily able to critically petrify him. After that he went down ridiculously fast.

Funny thing is, I wasn't even aware that Thaos could transfer himself into one of the guardians. I mean it makes sense that he'd be able to, I just never saw him do it. Is that fight supposed to be significantly harder than it was for me? It honestly didn't even feel like it was in the top 10 most difficult fights in the game, and the only time I fought him was on PoTD with a full companion party. Adra Dragon, undead Raedric, and a few other fights were much harder for me than the final boss.

Funny thing is, I wasn't even aware that Thaos could transfer himself into one of the guardians. I mean it makes sense that he'd be able to, I just never saw him do it. Is that fight supposed to be significantly harder than it was for me? It honestly didn't even feel like it was in the top 10 most difficult fights in the game, and the only time I fought him was on PoTD with a full companion party. Adra Dragon, undead Raedric, and a few other fights were much harder for me than the final boss.

My first playthough it was one of only 3 or 4 fights that were hard. That said, my party had pretty non-optimal skills. But it was still almost as difficult as the Adra Dragon.

My first playthough it was one of only 3 or 4 fights that were hard. That said, my party had pretty non-optimal skills. But it was still almost as difficult as the Adra Dragon.

I wonder if it got nerfed, or if my party just became really powerful at that point, at max level and with all the gear from a completionist run. If we are talking about level-appropriate fights, I'd say several of the Act 1 fights with spirits (not bosses) were harder for me than Thaos. He was maybe on par with the ogres in Od Nua level 3 with a level 6 party, and about as challenging as the average bounty with a level 10 party. A few of the bounties were harder than Thaos for me, having taken them on at level 10 or 11. Any fights with multiple Fampyrs were at least as challenging for me as Thaos, particularly undead Raedric and the fight at the end of Od Nua level... 8 IIRC.

Edited by Nobear

It seems to have made things harder. I'm, OK with that, since it's a challenge.

So far my party has been wiped out by a band of wolves and forrest lurkers. On normal. Before 2.0 this didn't even happen to me on hard. The enemy AI is better and it seems to me that the enemies are tougher also. I never was a number cruncher and so never looked at the stats. If an attack didn't  work, I simply used another tack instead of looking at the numbers.

I'm also still fiiddling with the companion AI to see what does what and how they really behave, once combat has started.