Looking for greater player impact on the world

I would like to see player's actions have a greater effect on the world around them.

For example, if you slay the cousin of Lord Raedric the villagers should react to that and Lord Raedric should have a different set of reactions with the player - perhaps giving them more quests. Likewise, if the PCs slay Lord Raedric of the castle, the villagers' reaction should be different and there should be a new set of interactions with the new lord (different quests, etc.)

I would like to see the PCs have the option to finance the rebuilding of the destroyed temple for the original god Eothos (if Lord Raedric is slain) or the deity of Berath (if Lord Raedric prevails).

• Like 1

I don't think a rural village in the Dyrwood would be rebuilding a temple to Eothas any time soon, whoever is in charge.

Sure, but all they need is a single line of dialogue considering it: "That jerk Raedric is dead! Maybe we should restore the temple to Eothas instead of dedicating it to Berath?"

While I'm generally okay with Gilded Vale as-is, I agree with the title line of this thread nonetheless. I want reactions to my barbarian's stink, or my chanter's voice. My first playthrough, I was from Aedyr, and aside from Aloth basically saying "oh thank the gods it's someone I can relate to" no one reacted--which is weird, because aren't Dyrwoodans supposed to still hate Aedyrans on some level? Oh, and let's not mention that I own a fricking keep and collect taxes! No comment on that? Why not?

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/