High Int characters and DoT damage in 2.0...fixed?

Is it still wonky where dot damage is actually less when you have high int? anyone test it out yet?

Looks like it's still less, lemme check. Also, it makes NEGATIVE effects by your own spells more severe as well.

Alright, looking at "Concelhuats Corrosive Siphon" base damage is 43.3 and duration is 10 seconds. With Aloth(who currently is sitting at +6% damage and +40% duration from stat boosts), does 60.1 damage over 14 seconds.

So:

60.1/14=4.29

43.3/10=4.33

So...I guess it's only minuscule difference really? Let's try a Wizard with high Might and base Intellect.

Alright REALLY weird thing though. Used Necrotic Lance on my tank from a 10 INT,18MIG Fire Godlike Wizard with Spirit of Decay and for some reason the damage for it is going UP with every Retaliate hit...

Edited by hk79v1
  • Like 1

Is it still wonky where dot damage is actually less when you have high int? anyone test it out yet?

Looks like it's still less, lemme check. Also, it makes NEGATIVE effects by your own spells more severe as well.

Did you test it out? I am at work haha.  Great use of company time!

Have gun will travel.

I was thinking of taking Enduring Flames on my Goldpact Knight and he has a 16 Int (My paladins have to have big auras I don't know its a me thing) but If my Intellect makes the ability do less damage I wont take it.  I mean I guess you still are getting more damage as a DoT is applied.  But if I had 10 Int it would be a lot more!

Have gun will travel.

IIRC, celliot said this bug is marked as "high priority" in their internal tracker, so I expect it to be fixed rather soon (though not necessarily in next week's patch.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's fixed.

Dots scale with might and int. Int gives duration + according dmg (same dps as was, just longer lasting) and Might increases dmg by %. Dots are now actually pretty good like Druid's Autumn Rot (is that the eng name?) and concelhauts lv2 siphon.

Druid can dot quite nicely ;)

Edited by Killyox
  • Like 2

Nice! :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's particularly good to smack enemies with defense reductions and then drop a dot. When they crit they do a hell of a damage :D Had Autumn's Rot on lvl 2 druid do ~140 dmg to an enemy it critted. That's pretty much lethal against those enemies.