What point does White March offer to increase the difficulty?

I'm playing at the Hard difficulty level.

I went to the White March location with a party of level 8's, with 1 character having a level-up that I hadn't yet cashed in. But the moment I got to the region, 3 of my party members received level ups, so now I have 4 characters at level 9, and a couple at level 8, and I'm concerned that the combat will be too easy for me.

I didn't get a message suggesting that I raise the difficulty, as I've read people with level 10 parties get, but the first combat I've faced in the White March area was easy to handle without using any abilities, just telling my party with single clicks to attack each next foe as a mob.

Is the combat likely to remain at this level, or does White March start easy and get harder? Also, will the game still ask me whether I want to increase the White March difficulty? And if not, is there a way I can manually change it?

I went to the White March location with a party of level 8's, with 1 character having a level-up that I hadn't yet cashed in. But the moment I got to the region, 3 of my party members received level ups, so now I have 4 characters at level 9, and a couple at level 8, and I'm concerned that the combat will be too easy for me.

I didn't get a message suggesting that I raise the difficulty, as I've read people with level 10 parties get, but the first combat I've faced in the White March area was easy to handle without using any abilities, just telling my party with single clicks to attack each next foe as a mob.

Is the combat likely to remain at this level, or does White March start easy and get harder? Also, will the game still ask me whether I want to increase the White March difficulty? And if not, is there a way I can manually change it?

Same here. Went on lvl 8 and got no message to scale the encounter!

It has more to do with "hard" not being hard at all rather than White March itself. I really encourage switching to POTD if you want a modicum of challenge and even then ignore food and most potions + not min/maxing and playing with companions rather than min/maxed merc. 

Edited by Killyox