I think Mercenary Brawlers need to be looked at.

Their movement and damage are unmatched in ANYTHING I have fought in the game before. I've beaten the final boss, and I didn't lose a single solitary character. I met a Mercenary Brawler(UNNAMED TO BOOT) who almost literally teleported to my back line 1 screen away. I always scout a bit then send the tank in first and set up crowd control effects(the guy's Reflex is 166, none of my team's effects will hit him all but guaranteed) and this bat out of HELL comes charging in, hits everyone and then somehow spawns DUPLICATES of Fire and Ice. That DON'T go down when he does and proceeds to get off around 20 attacks against my entire team in a matter of seconds.

I have a Monk. THEY CANNOT DO THAT. I will try and rebuild them as such because THAT was ludicrous.

• Like 2

Guest Matt Sheets

Cragholdt is the high level area (level 14) for the expansion.

The starting areas for the new expansion content is in The White March, which you can access through the World Map if you have already spoken to the Steward about the message.

• Like 1

The starting areas for the new expansion content is in The White March, which you can access through the World Map if you have already spoken to the Steward about the message.

This *really* needs to be made more clear in the actual expansion. The way it's worded is ambiguous at best, and players who head to Cragholdt right off the bat are in for a *VERY* rough time of things. I've never seen that kind of targeted "kill the squishie" obsession in enemies before and it was....surprising. It *almost* frustrated me enough to stop playing.

• Like 2

This *really* needs to be made more clear in the actual expansion. The way it's worded is ambiguous at best, and players who head to Cragholdt right off the bat are in for a *VERY* rough time of things. I've never seen that kind of targeted "kill the squishie" obsession in enemies before and it was....surprising. It *almost* frustrated me enough to stop playing.

The Steward in Caed Nua said outright that I'd be outmatched if I went there when my party was all level 7, and said I should avoid it until I was stronger. Not really sure how much clearer it could be without breaking the fourth wall.

• Like 4

The Steward in Caed Nua said outright that I'd be outmatched if I went there when my party was all level 7, and said I should avoid it until I was stronger. Not really sure how much clearer it could be without breaking the fourth wall.

I don't recall seeing any warning with my level 11 party, and every battle through the place was like fighting Raedric...only worse, because Raedric was simply overpowering my party while everybody in Cragholdt were consistently bypassing my front line and just straight face-stomping my casters.

Moved for spoilers. General is for non spoiler threads. Threads that discuss the specifics of areas, quests, or NPCs should be put in other forums. I could have chosen technical, but I eschewed that option and went with 'strategies' instead.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've level 12 and using Exceptional or Superb gear all over, my tank was originally a very optimized tank, could survive anything short of the Adra Dragon without buffs. Now, well he's barely a damn roadbump it seems. Two levels should NOT make a difference, I've used the console controls to look at the talents and abilities higher up and they're honestly not that much more powerful and it's only a few more points of Deflection and Accuracy. Maybe the spells for the magic casters might make the difference(I have a magic user heavy party since enemies usually outnumber you 2 to 1).

Moved for spoilers. General is for non spoiler threads. Threads that discuss the specifics of areas, quests, or NPCs should be put in other forums. I could have chosen technical, but I eschewed that option and went with 'strategies' instead.

Apologies, I did not realize this was spoilers just by mentioning an NPC enemy type.

Apologies, I did not realize this was spoilers just by mentioning an NPC enemy type.

Not at all. I would say that the nature of the question is potentially *spoilerish* because the answers it elicits will probably contain spoilers, but my intention isn't to castigate you. ...And, anyhow, by NPCs, I mean joinable NPCs as opposed to NPCs writ large. Frankly, it's kind of tough figuring out where to draw the *spoiler* line. If we hadn't gotten complaints about some posts recently, I doubt we would have taken action, but it's also fair to keep things in the general forum as free from giving away content as possible.

So, please don't take my comments as a personal reprimand. Just trying to figure out how to keep the most folks happy while stepping on the fewest toes. :Cant's wry gin icon:

We'll get it squared away. You keep posting and we'll try to find some way of keeping things on the straight and narrow on our end. I had intended to send you a PM telling you I'd moved the thread, but something popped up for me here. :Cant's chagrin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't recall seeing any warning with my level 11 party, and every battle through the place was like fighting Raedric...only worse, because Raedric was simply overpowering my party while everybody in Cragholdt were consistently bypassing my front line and just straight face-stomping my casters.

On topic: Challenge is good. Can't wait to get to them!

Offtopic

Funny that you mention Raedric.

My NPC druid died on the blanks in his hold so I was down to 5 guys (i don't load on deaths) but decided that leaving and recruiting another while in the middle of an attack on the castle would be immersion breaking for me. So I pushed on with 5 guys lvl 3-4 and pretty much stomped raedric and his forces flat.

Fun part is that the hardest fight came after when I had literally almost nothing at all left and thought dudes above will be friendly now with Kolsc on the throne. Boy was I wrong. Entire room in the chapel (one with hidden cache in eye sockets in the skulls on the wall) cam running to me. Just barely won. 6 more endurance and Eder would RIP xD By this point my team with the exception of barbarian is all Companion based and they are still pretty good for POTD.

Some tips:

Body block tight areas so they cannot get to your casters (need AI off most of the time), have your squishies equip the best shield + hatchet (in one of their weapon sets slots) for huge boost in survi in a pinch. Have them have 1-2 HOT potions. Make use of Stasis Shield and similar spells. On my PC Mage first thing I picked was Veil :)

Edited by Killyox

On topic: Challenge is good. Can't wait to get to them!

Offtopic

Funny that you mention Raedric.

My NPC druid died on the blanks in his hold so I was down to 5 guys (i don't load on deaths) but decided that leaving and recruiting another while in the middle of an attack on the castle would be immersion breaking for me. So I pushed on with 5 guys lvl 3-4 and pretty much stomped raedric and his forces flat.

Fun part is that the hardest fight came after when I had literally almost nothing at all left and thought dudes above will be friendly now with Kolsc on the throne. Boy was I wrong. Entire room in the chapel (one with hidden cache in eye sockets in the skulls on the wall) cam running to me. Just barely won. 6 more endurance and Eder would RIP xD By this point my team with the exception of barbarian is all Companion based and they are still pretty good for POTD.

Some tips:

Body block tight areas so they cannot get to your casters (need AI off most of the time), have your squishies equip the best shield + hatchet (in one of their weapon sets slots) for huge boost in survi in a pinch. Have them have 1-2 HOT potions. Make use of Stasis Shield and similar spells. 

See, that demonstrates differences between players. I wiped that whole room out no problem, on my way down to Raedric (my policy being anybody working for Raedric had to die). Raedric, on the other hand, took five tries and I ended up abusing the rebound from Rolling Flame to win it.

I never really use Rolling Flame. What sort of abuse? That spell always looked very weak to me :p

I cleared entire keep (Raedric, entire top floor, all flanks, all underground along with Osyrya or w/e her name is) in 2 rests and I didn't mind druid die. He died because I was laughing my ass off @my guildies from WoW on TS3 during their raid XD so duh XD I blamed them for that death!

Edited by Killyox

I never really use Rolling Flame. What sort of abuse? That spell always looked very weak to me :p

I cleared entire keep (Raedric, entire top floor, all flanks, all underground along with Osyrya or w/e her name is) in 2 rests and I didn't mind druid die. He died because I was laughing my ass off @my guildies from WoW on TS3 during their raid XD so duh XD I blamed them for that death!

Rolling Flame is pretty weak, but it's major advantage is that it can rebound off walls, etc. to hit multiple times.

I don't even know if this is possible anymore--I think they may have limited it to one bounce now?--but this was only the day after release. Basically I just stood at the base of the stairway and sent Eder up to trigger the conversations, then move my tanks up to block enemy movement as much as I could...and then just blasted off four or five Rolling Flames at crazy angles all around the top of the stair. They all bounced, crossed each other, bounced again, bounced a third time, by that point 2/3rd of my party were dead but I got lucky and the ones left alive were still blocking the bad guys. Two of the rolling flames faded out, the others bounced again and then everybody except Aloth were just burning meat.

That's a rather suicidal tactic I must admit. I made extensive use of Chill Fog, Curse of Blackened Sight, Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon (amazing spell tbh scales with Might & Int due to being a dot). +Priest Seal that knocksdown.

With Kana I used invocation that reduces DR of enemies hit by 5 i believe since these guys wore full plate mostly. Finished of squishies first then focused on heavies.

When my Mage got locked in melee it was Veil + Parasitic Staff + Spirit Shield time :) I got to say this -4s talent on grimoire/weap switch is an amazing thing for mage. Grimoire switches are fast and weapon even faster (hatchet + shield like mentioned earlier)

In whole Keep it was 5 slimes in the underground that were the hardest. Probably because I just yoloed inside :D

Edited by Killyox

I had a hell of a time with Raedric. Him and the Ogre Matron bounty in the cave in the base game--those were the only two fights I had in the base game that were any real challenge. Raedric took five tries, the ogre took four.

Up until Cragholt. Cragholdt beat my ass, but I got through it at level 11 and found out the next day that it's supposed to be for near-max parties.

So...**** yeah.

• Like 1

I had a hell of a time with Raedric. Him and the Ogre Matron bounty in the cave in the base game--those were the only two fights I had in the base game that were any real challenge. Raedric took five tries, the ogre took four.

Up until Cragholt. Cragholdt beat my ass, but I got through it at level 11 and found out the next day that it's supposed to be for near-max parties.

So...**** yeah.

HOW!? [The Last Boss] at the end is an utter NIGHTMARE surrounded by near a dozen powerful Vessels(several of which whom are immune to Fire and Ice) while he himself has defenses all over 100 save Deflection(a slightly lower 89 IIRC). Not to mention is ludicrously powerful spells and that stupid hammer ability...I'm running in at 12 and getting my butt handed completely to me. Even tried to cheese it by using potions, summon figurines and foodstuff/potions but dear CRIKEY that b****is a monster on par with the death dealers of BGII.

All I have to say is: Drunken Orlan, someday, someday ... when I'm level 12 I'll be back.

I actually had no issues with the Drunk Orlan surprisingly enough, that Mercenary Brawler on the other hand....

*shudders*

• Like 1

So...**** yeah.

HOW!? [The Last Boss] at the end is an utter NIGHTMARE surrounded by near a dozen powerful Vessels(several of which whom are immune to Fire and Ice) while he himself has defenses all over 100 save Deflection(a slightly lower 89 IIRC). Not to mention is ludicrously powerful spells and that stupid hammer ability...I'm running in at 12 and getting my butt handed completely to me. Even tried to cheese it by using potions, summon figurines and foodstuff/potions but dear CRIKEY that b****is a monster on par with the death dealers of BGII.

Luck, I think. And did you know Lighting Bolt will bounce around just like Rolling Flame does?

You're *not* supposed to go there right away. Definitely not stated in the dialogue. I went there max. level from just before the "point of no return" with the auto-save and she flat out said I should probably look into it soon or it could mean problems for Caed Noa.

So obviously I went there straight away first rather than the Marches itself.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You're *not* supposed to go there right away. Definitely not stated in the dialogue. I went there max. level from just before the "point of no return" with the auto-save and she flat out said I should probably look into it soon or it could mean problems for Caed Noa.

So obviously I went there straight away first rather than the Marches itself.

That's the experience I remember with a level 11 party.

Yeah, definitely nothing like that given to us. As stated rather the opposite ("You should really do that before going to the White Marshes")... which apparently I only read now on the forums is not the intention... :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee