Possible to have wizard have access to all known spells all the time?

Hi all,

In the game wizards must switch grimoires in and out to have access to all the different spells they use, and that represents strategy and an element a lot of players (and the developers) like and enjoy.  However, I must admit that I prefer wizards to be more like druids, in which wizards would theoretically be able to have access to all their known spells at all times (for example, if my wizard has gained spells up to level 3, I would have access to all spells in level 1 through 3 during combat).  Thus, I would not have to change grimoires during combat, just as you don't need to for druids.

My question is, is there somewhere in the code that I can change to make this happen?  I do know that IE Mod allows you to have up to 7 (instead of the original 4) slots for each spell level in a grimoire, but I would prefer to have all of them available and not just 7.

While I welcome all responses, I would very respectfully ask that the following phrases not be used to answer my question:  "I don't condone cheating."  "Post this in the mod forum."  "That isn't how the game is designed so deal with it."  --  Respectfully, I understand this is "changing" the game to a degree, but I think the game is simply more enjoyable with more variety, and I see this option as simply adding variety (even at the cost of making the game easier).  In addition, if the answer to my request is that it is indeed not possible, I will of course request this as an upcoming addition to a mod (perhaps as a part of IE Mod in the future).

Thank you for your time!

- John

Pretty sure, just have to find the spellbooks that have them. I mean, Aloth knows nearly all the spells in the game in my Wild Orlan Fighter run thus far(though I mostly use him for debuffing and elemental damage).

Pretty sure, just have to find the spellbooks that have them. I mean, Aloth knows nearly all the spells in the game in my Wild Orlan Fighter run thus far(though I mostly use him for debuffing and elemental damage).

Right, but those spellbooks offer only the same number of "slots" as any other (4 slots, or up to 7 with IE Mod).  I hope that makes sense :-)

I don't know about any coding - but why is it so bad to just have 3 grimoires and switch mid-battle?

It's slower, but if you really need that spell, it's worth it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I'm not aware of any simple change in the code that lets you do this (I'm a modder). It's definitely possible, but finding out how to do it requires reading the sources and a lot of experimentation.

If you do find out a way, it would be great if you could share it with us.

You can perform the required modifications to the code by adding it to your own version of IE Mod, or alternatively just using Patchwork yourself. I would not recommend decompiling and recompiling the source, as decompilers don't produce perfect source code, and the result may not compile.