Novice's Suffering not affecting Spiritshift

Blave

Question

Druid's don't get the damage and accuracy bonuses from Novice's Suffering in my game. Other reports on the forums indicate that the talent should work fine with spiritsihft. The +Accuracy bonus from Weapon Focus: Peasant is applied, so I guess spiritshift attacks are still considered unarmed (unless they are hatchets or spears for some reason).

19 answers to this question

Could you attach a saved game that exhibits the issue and your output log file?

(QA is gonna ask for these ;))

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ok, looks like I can't upload the files here, so I put them into my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/trvwg01ei4ppdd7/AAC4Q1kyNEAbnSyYu72920tfa?dl=0

The save is from a new game I started yesterday. Returned to the first dungeaon after getting enough XP for level 2. You can easily level up and walk into the room th he south to start combat and use spiritshift. The damage of the spiritshift remains the same (18-29) no matter if you take Novice's Suffering or another talent.

I don't use any mods. Did a clean reinstall yesterday.

I noticed the issue after seeing this post on the forums:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81306-isnt-spirit-form-with-monks-talent-a-bit-op/

The screenshot shows a newly created druid, console'd to level 14 with Novice's Suffering. Got 48-75 damage. In my testing, I "only" got 37-58 in the same scenario, missing the about 15 extra damage Novice's Suffering should give me at level 14.

Note I had potion giving me 5 might in that screen (but no savage attack).

I will give exact stats of that druid in the screen soon :) With pot and without.

EDIT: welp don't have that save but I can see what I can do.

Edited by Killyox

I couldn't get the save (was deleted) but here is another thing. Not as high as before though and before I didn't have Savage Attack at all. So something is a bit off because I have more Might here than I did in previous save (I had there 26). Maybe It's a Form thing. Going to try Wolf like before.

2vx22q9.jpg

2vsqdtd.jpg

2moroti.jpg

2djq4k.jpg

288pmzd.jpg

Edited by Killyox

Ok ! I think I've found the cause. These potions that druid makes seem to be bugged. You can press them and get buffs even without consuming them. They also obviously stack in healing might, per and even attack speed (instant attacks :p)

So Novice's Suffering DOES affect Form and works as intended. It's just these potions that are bugged as hell XD

Check this out.

24zk3o6.jpg

2a7fl81.jpg

Edited by Killyox

Just tested this. Novice Suffering does not apply to the Druid's Spiritshift.

The +16 Accuracy you get is from the ability scaling with your level. A Druid without the Novice Suffering talent will still get it.

I will get a saved game up with detailed repro steps later.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes but don't compare then your dmg to my dmg from screenshot in OP because my dmg has been skewed by Nature's Bounty bug.

Gonna make 2 exact tests. With novice and without and check shapeshift dmg.

EDIT:

Well this is interesting. Novice's Suffering DOES NOT work in shapeshift :(

Edited by Killyox

#1 is with Novice's Suffering

#2 is Form with Novice's Suffering

#3 is without Novice's Suffering

#4 is Form without Novice's Suffering

post-52823-0-59346000-1440858239_thumb.jpg

post-52823-0-29045800-1440858273_thumb.jpg

post-52823-0-17888700-1440858336_thumb.jpg

post-52823-0-84151500-1440858349_thumb.jpg

Well. So we know Novice's Suffering doesn;t (yet) work with spiritshift form and that Nature's Bounty is bugged :p

Edited by Killyox

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Observe that there are two Druids in the party who share the same level, the same attributes, the same Spiritshift form.

Further observe that both share the same talent selection except for the talent Novice's Suffering, which is only possessed by DruidWithTalent.

Move forward in Magran's Fork; you'll be attacked pretty soon by a wolf on your left.

Have the protagonist (aumaua dudette) engage the wolf so you have time to observe the Druids.

Make both Druids Spiritshift.

Observe that both have exactly the same damage output and accuracy.

Because a Druid Spiritshift's claws count as unarmed attacks for all intents and purposes (they are affected by Weapon Focus: Paesant), Novice's Suffering should apply to them as well.

Nope. Still broken as of 2.02.

Hello everyone,

Got an update on the issue. This is actually by design. Novice's Suffering was not intended to work with Druid's Spiritshape, however, the natural attacks from the druid's spiritshape now scales with level, so this should make up for not being able to use Novice's Suffering. 

Thank you for your support. 

• Like 1