Help - Defiance Bay Areas Greyed Out

My Party has just started Act II in Defiance Bay but currently can only access Copperlane and First Fires. I've even agreed to do the 'Rogue Knight' quest which requires access to Ondra's Gift but the area remains greyed out.

How do I open these other three areas? Is my game broken? Have I gone too far with 'Never far from the Queen'? I've visited the Temple of Woedica but not entered the Catacombs yet.

Please advise.

In order to access those areas, you have to leave Copperlane or First fires through an exit that leads toward those areas. For example, if you're trying to get to an area that's west of your current zone, you need to get to the world map by leaving through your current zone's western exit.

My Party has just started Act II in Defiance Bay but currently can only access Copperlane and First Fires. I've even agreed to do the 'Rogue Knight' quest which requires access to Ondra's Gift but the area remains greyed out.

How do I open these other three areas? Is my game broken? Have I gone too far with 'Never far from the Queen'? I've visited the Temple of Woedica but not entered the Catacombs yet.

Please advise.

You do that in the same way you open up new wilderness areas, by leaving the maps that come before through the appropirate exit(s). Some of them may or may not be open outright, but as TheisEjsing said, just... explore the game further, it is not broken. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

If you open your map, you should see little yellow diamond symbols at certain points. The ones in the city will mark exit points to other parts of the city ("To Brackenburry" for example), and you have to use those first to "discover" the areas you haven't been in before. After that you should be able to travel directly to those areas from any other.

Yes. Thanks guys I've spotted it. The thought entered my mind shortly after submitting this post that I perhaps needed to go to each entrance gate individually to unlock each area. Just accessing Defiance Bay in general wasn't enough. Anyway Thanks. :blush:

I have a similar problem--after Thoas burns everything in Defiance, Im trying to get to Twin Elms. It is Also greyed out whichever direction I approach it. What did i leave out?

Edited by Gorth
Added spoiler tags. In the future, please avoid spoilers in the non spoiler section

I have a similar problem--after Thoas burns everything in Defiance, Im trying to get to Twin Elms. It is Also greyed out whichever direction I approach it. What did i leave out?

You need to use one specific eastern exit on the Elmshore map to open up Hearthsong. It's been a while but I think it is the south-eastern exit.

Edited by Gorth
Edited the quoted post ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

After playing MMOs for many years, this was one of the things I'd totally forgotten about playing "closed world" games:  that in order to find your way off a map to some other area(s), you have to find all the exits from the map, obvious or not.

To get access to Twin Elms one must leave Stormwall Gorge at the lower right or southeast of the map. Then you can go to the Elmshore map and from there you can reach Heartsong which is part of Twin Elms.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

To get access to Twin Elms one must leave Stormwall Gorge at the lower right or southeast of the map. Then you can go to the Elmshore map and from there you can reach Heartsong which is part of Twin Elms.

Heh, not to mention that you have to be able to access the relevant part of the map - which in this case requires you be in Act III....