Hi people! I think I really suck at this haha. Lets see, is there any way of sharing my party details and equipment?

I am now stuck in the very beginning, in Endless Paths of Od Nua 2. There is a part in this dungeon where Xaurips and Xaurip Priests are in a room with a circular pit and I just can't beat them! The same happened if I go toward the other quest, where I have to infiltrate a castle. I can go through sneaked as a monk for a while but after I get discovered I get completely beaten up.

I'm using a barbarian and there is still 1k exp before I get that skill that deals +20 damage was it when engaged with more people?

Thank you in advance, and I hope to be posting in the right forum.

Need some more information before anyone can give useful advice.

Who is in your party?

What level are they?

What talents and abilities do they have?

What difficulty level are you using?

Edited by KDubya

Am I allowed to share my savegame? It will be easier I think.

I'm not an expert on the forum rules, but I don't see why not. However, while devs in the tech support forum often ask for savegames, even helpful players usually don't bother to open one up when you could easily share more info if you really want the help.

At least tell us whether you're playing on Easy/Normal/Hard/PoTD and the levels of your party members.

All I can say with the info you've provided is that both of the areas you've mentioned are skippable, and you can come back to them later in the game. Also, if the game is too hard for you in general, you can always change the difficulty unless you're playing PoTD (which I wouldn't recommend if you're totally new).

Edited by Nobear

Sounds if you don't use some tactics after all. Especially in Raedric's Hold and The Endless Paths you can use chokepoints a lot. You just need one or two characters with very high defenses that block the door and some damage dealers that use spells, reach weapons or ranged weapons who stand behind them and kill the bad guys. Especially Act I is more difficult than the rest of the game.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok the savegame is here because is slightly larger than the maximum upload of the message :S

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmd28sm6qnz6kpw/42e32ac35cbe4950a0ace3819639c502%209057088%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel3.savegame?dl=0

I was playing in Normal but after being defeated in Oud Nua Lvl 2 by that Xaurip party a lot of times I downgraded it to Easy but had the same results.

Characters... my main (barbarian lvl 4), Eder lvl 4, Aloth lvl 4, Durance lvl 4, hired rogue lvl 3 and Kana lvl 4.

About the tactics, I normally go with barbarian, eder and kana in the front (kana shoots his ranged then changes to sword and shield), then spells from the back, rogue shoots arrows unless she can sneak to flank and attack.

I'm also considering heavily to restart the game and make another character xDD

Ok the savegame is here because is slightly larger than the maximum upload of the message :S

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmd28sm6qnz6kpw/42e32ac35cbe4950a0ace3819639c502%209057088%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel3.savegame?dl=0

I was playing in Normal but after being defeated in Oud Nua Lvl 2 by that Xaurip party a lot of times I downgraded it to Easy but had the same results.

Characters... my main (barbarian lvl 4), Eder lvl 4, Aloth lvl 4, Durance lvl 4, hired rogue lvl 3 and Kana lvl 4.

About the tactics, I normally go with barbarian, eder and kana in the front (kana shoots his ranged then changes to sword and shield), then spells from the back, rogue shoots arrows unless she can sneak to flank and attack.

I'm also considering heavily to restart the game and make another character xDD

I haven't checked out your saved game, but the party composition you describe can certainly be played to good effect. If you are playing with the latest version (2.0), restarting wouldn't help you, because now you can respec in any inn if you want to change the stats/skills/abilities of your main and hired adventurers, or the skills/abilities of your companions.

That fight at the end of Level 2 of Od Nua was also really hard for me the first time I played. What I didn't realize is, all of those Endless Paths below Level 1 are meant for coming back to at a much higher level. They will not advance the main quest, only offer side content with separate challenges, unique items, and story that's completely optional for beating the game. Once you make it to Defiance Bay, Act 2 starts and you'll be able to gain a good amount of XP with a ton of quests in the city that barely require any fighting. You can then come back to Raedric's Hold, but don't expect to be able to clear many levels of Od Nua at a time until maybe Act 3 when your party is even higher level.

Since you've gotten to Level 2 of Od Nua, that means you have taken the stronghold. Get the first stronghold upgrade (it's free), which enables you to proceed to a new forest area, and then I think there's just one more to get to Defiance Bay. You can skip any fights that might give you trouble on this route, and come back later if you're a completionist.

Level 4 is quite early - if you play on PotD. On easy it should be doable. Just start the fight and run back to the next narrow door. Block that opening with Edér who has to pump his deflection with a shield. The rest shoots a lot or slings spells. That should do the trick.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods