Party AI inactive

Tearbear

Question

Hey. Just loaded all the patches and the expansion. Getting slaughtered in combat because the party AI isn't on. When whatever I manually target dies, my party stands still, taking hits. I can't find the AI menu. How do I turn on and modify this new expansion's party AI?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

@OP

There are two steps involved:

#1. Activate the AI.

Left clicking the little head on the action toolbar toggles the AI script for the chosen character. When the head lights up, the script you have selected is enabled. (See screenshot below)

#2. Selecting AI script.

Right clicking the little head on the action toolbar or left clicking the little head icon in the in the bottom-right corner of each character's mugshot in the character sheet brings up the script configuration.

By default everybody is set to defend self and to not use any per-rest abilities; In other words, they'll stand still, attack enemies in range of their weapons, use per-encounter abilities, and nothing else. (And that is IF you have activated the AI).

You need to decide which engagement range (passive, defend self, defensive, or offensive) fits that character best, choose which of the available scripts for the character (depending on class) you want to use, and whether you want to allow the character to use per-rest abilities or not.

post-98268-0-53608700-1440677888_thumb.jpg

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

The "news" button on startup suggests to configure the combat AI via clicking on the respective button on the respective characters' action bar. I don't see that though; I don't have a button for that there so you could say I experience the same issue after upgrading to 2.0 and PX1 afterwards. I've circumvented it somewhat by configuring to auto-pause on enemy death. A lot more to micromanage now instead of how it was intended. There is an overlay on the characters' portrait though (lower right corner) and clicking / right clicking that does not do anything except click response highlighting and sounds. No options window opens. Clicking the Appearance overlay still works as expected and the "Change Appearance" window opens. @Devs: please see the linked savegame and Player.log and attached screenshot for reference.

System specs:

MacBook Air (13 Zoll, Mitte 2012)
Prozessor 1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
Speicher 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Grafikkarte Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F27)

Cheers

Tim

post-68672-0-64226900-1440675882_thumb.jpg

Hey. Just loaded all the patches and the expansion. Getting slaughtered in combat because the party AI isn't on. When whatever I manually target dies, my party stands still, taking hits. I can't find the AI menu. How do I turn on and modify this new expansion's party AI?

Thanks.

Hello Tearbear, 

Please refer to pi2repsion's  reply on how to use correctly use the Party AI settings. 

@OP

#1. Activate the AI.

Left clicking the little head on the action toolbar toggles the AI script for the chosen character. When the head lights up, the script you have selected is enabled. (See screenshot below)

#2. Selecting AI script.

Right clicking the little head on the action toolbar or left clicking the little head icon in the in the bottom-right corner of each character's mugshot in the character sheet brings up the script configuration.

By default everybody is set to defend self and to not use any per-rest abilities; In other words, they'll stand still, attack enemies in range of their weapons, use per-encounter abilities, and nothing else. (And that is IF you have activated the AI).

You need to decide which engagement range (passive, defend self, defensive, or offensive) fits that character best, choose which of the available scripts for the character (depending on class) you want to use, and whether you want to allow the character to use per-rest abilities or not.

Thank you for the post pi2repsion! Keep up the good work!

@OP

#1. Activate the AI.

#2. Selecting AI script.

Ah right cheers, I guess I just didn't activate it by clicking the head. I thought configuring the setting would turn it on automatically.