Fun/Viable 2h sword build (?) Forgemasters gloves: Firebrand

Greetings watchers.

Sometime ago i came upon those gloves sold by dunstan in the crucible keep (after a couple of quests) that grant the firebrand spell along with some fire DT. I bought them just to see what the firebrand is and it happens to be a fine looking greatsword with immense dmg and crit.  Drawbacks are 3 uses per rest, lasts 30 sec, entirely fire dmg.

MUm7LZ0.jpg

I was wandering if any of you experts out there could speculate/create/test any viable or just fun builds around it, my main concern being barb, paladin, fighter. (maybe throw Scion of Flame into the twist)

Also can someone test a single hit dmg output with a goldpact knight wielding it, doing flames of devotion + Intense flames, enduring flames, scion of flame (how much is the dot from enduring flames?)

At the moment i dont have the necessary tools and time to do so myself.

Note that even when firebrand runs out of time or uses or the enemies have high fire DT, you can still have a greatsword or pike to dish out dmg. Its just that you have a peak of power and some fun/roleplaying with firebrand. I cant be the only one that likes the idea. All suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Maverick87

I've been thinking about rolling a char like this too. Haven't tried it, but I want to find a Druid build that would work to get around the 3 uses per rest limit.

wf soldier, 2H weapons, scion of flame, apprentice sneak attack, savage attack, etc. Then wildstrike flame and the monk unarmed talent for shifting. Fire godlike, naturally.

Alternatively, 2handed fighter or rogue with the gloves set up for damage would hit harder - but not be able to use it as much.

I've used such build in my russian PoTD LP on a monk and it was really, really good. I think that, in 2.0, the variety of the builds with it has been hurt by the fact that you can no longer easily minimise Dex or Con and thus very few melee warriors can actually afford to max out Int. However, it's still golden for the barbarians. No intricate build even required - just 18 might, 18 int, greatsword specialization and you're all set up.

Druid spell thing. I would definitely get it on my 2h barb (who happens to be a fire godlike too with soldier proficiency!)

Also your barb's name is same as my NPC monk's :)

PS

is that a mod allowing godlikes to have a helmet?

Edited by Killyox

Druid spell thing. I would definitely get it on my 2h barb (who happens to be a fire godlike too with soldier proficiency!)

Also your barb's name is same as my NPC monk's :)

PS

is that a mod allowing godlikes to have a helmet?

I found the pic on the internet so i dont know