Question about npc I can't find in The White March.

Hey! I'm at the Flames-That-Whisper Upper Cavern, didn't kill any ogre, and became friends with them, but the problem is that I can't find Morug... He is simply not in the Upper cavern, and if I go to the lower one all the ogres there are hostile to me. Can someone help me please?

He's outside the cave a bit to the east.

I don't see an ogre outside anywhere. Is it possible to kill him by exploring the map before talking to the Matron?

I cannot find him either. I don't understand how it was possible to solve the quest by not killing ogres either...Can someone post a screenshot of where Morug is?

This is going to be a dumb question, but how do you become friends with the ogres?

They attacked me on sight since day one.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Morug is outside the cave entrance on the right if you complete the quest without killing any ogres.

Easiest way to avoid killing ogres for me was to first sneak to your right once you enter the cave.  Proceed to the right until you can ahead south and to your left should be an icy opening where you can climb down.  Once you reach the bottom, there will be hostile lizard creatures which you can kill without worries on the left side and you will also find two dead ogres.  On the closest ogre corpse you will find a key to open the door to the scrying chamber where the matron is located.  Once you have the key you can climb back up and back track to the cave entrance.  Just a bit north there will be a door on your left which you can use the key.  Sneak up there open the door and you can talk to the matron without having to fight any ogres. 

Does Morug sell good uniques?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does Morug sell good uniques?

The only item I found useful was the Tempered Helm.  Gives +3 Might for 20 seconds after a kill, I think it's +5 damage reduction and -10 deflection not absolutely sure of the numbers for those two but it's also 20 seconds of those buffs/debuffs after a kill.  Really nice addition to my monk.

I found that in the battery. Looks like it's either part of the random loot table, or placed there if you kill the ogres so you don't miss out on it.

I found that in the battery. Looks like it's either part of the random loot table, or placed there if you kill the ogres so you don't miss out on it.

Oh that's nice, I might be able to get two of them then.  Been noticing a lot of unique item duplicates showing up in TWM either in shops or as loot.