Problem FPS since patch 2.0

lyrae

Question

Hey. Since the patch 2.0, I have fall of FPS rather random : (60 -> 50, 45). I specify that before this patch, the game worked perfectly and I have good config.

Other people met this problem?

Thank you in advance. (And sorry for my approximate English).

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

Good to hear that you are working on.

I am also having fps drop, sometimes 15/20fps drop, which is unplayable. Not sure but reboot the PC and restart the game seem to work, the problem appear only in PoE so it's not an issue on my computer ;)

Good to hear that you are working on.

I am also having fps drop, sometimes 15/20fps drop, which is unplayable. Not sure but reboot the PC and restart the game seem to work, the problem appear only in PoE so it's not an issue on my computer ;)

Same here...

Yes i know, my english sux.

And note that when I get FPS drop, I can quit and re launch the game every time I want, I will still get FPS drop and get 20fps when my save is load. I have to reboot the computer.

Right now, I've reboot, the game runs just fine, I quit few times, and still running fine. I can't say when the drop start.

I really hope this is made a top priority since the game is unplayable in the current state with fps dropping to the nether regions, meaning i will have to wait until this issue is adresed before i can play the expansion, which is frustrating since i previusly had no problems at all.and the game ran like a charm. ;(

What performance is even WORSE NOW?!?

Are u guys kidding me? Im asking for performance optimizations

for this game since release because it performed **** since forever.

And now after the big patch its not getting any better but worse?!?

Truly dissapointed with u Obsidian....

Getting worst for me... Reboot my computer do nothing... I still get 30 fps if I am lucky, and 20 fps most of the time... Which is unplayable because it's just slow...

I really hope the patch will be out very soon, because it's really disappointing and annoying to buy game + expansion and not be able to play it...

I got the same problem :-( However my game is just slow from the start. After the Obsidian logo has appereared it takes 4x as long before the main menu screen shows up... The loading screen takes 10x as long if it doesnt "stop responding!". When i enter the game it is extremely "laggy",,,

but i can see other people have the same problem, so guess its not my computer that needs to be formatted.

Yes me too. Its strange problem. Its not all the time...

For exemple, Kolsc arrive (cinematic in game), a light lag. Its not unplayable, but before 2.0, i haven't this problem.

Config :

8 cores FX 8350

8 gb ram

R9 280 Radeon AMD

SSD 240 gb.

Edited by theBalthazar

I guess, it has something to do with the implemented A.I. After turning it off, the game ran smooth as usual. But with A.I. on, the game was a laggy mess and nearly unplayable. Same goes for the loading screens. They were a chore before, but now they're 30 - 40 sec long and that really puts me off. Damn, I want this game to work so much. 

I recently bought this game, but I'm having some large FPS issues as well, especially at that first inn when a lot of NPCs are within the view at the same time. It almost seems as if LOD wasn't implemented for the character models.

At that point the scrolling and movement becomes so stuttery that it hurts my eyes, it detracts from the experience a bit along with the jagged outlines from aliasing everywhere.

My rig:

- i7 4790k @ 4,4 ghz

- MSi R9 280 3GB

- 16 GB RAM

- 128 GB Samsung SSD

This is with the AI thing already turned off by the way, I get like 15-20 FPS in the inn when fully zooming out with all NPCs in view.

Actually I have the same issue. Before it was constant framerate. Now one enemy dies and the framerate tanks to 45 from 60. Moving the camera across the map does the same thing at times when nothing is going on. Suttering and choppy. Makes no sense.  It was perfectly fine prior to 2.0 too in these same old areas.

Edited by Dinky Dino