Help! I give, how due I continue to expansion pack? (spoilers)

Cimmerian999

Question

OK, I installed the expansion pack before I was done with game.

I just killed the big T.  Released the souls.  Etc.  Had the big concluding cut scene, saw the credits...

Now how do I keep playing my character to the expansion pack!!??

All the "saved" games seem to be before this event...

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I think OP does not understand that Expansion has to be done BEFORE killing thaos because it ends the game. DO NOT jump into the pit if you want to play expansion content.

Yes, it is like you never beat Thaos.

Edited by Killyox

Hey Cimmerian999,

You should have a save called pre-end game. This will be just before you jump into the pit (point of no return) on Burial Isle. 

I played a ton more than the pit.  Had to go through whole thing to kill Thaos???

It's there but that's "act 3" I have a ton of saves from act 4!???

Do I really go back to that?

Thanks.

Hello Cimmerian999,

Act 3 ends right as you enter the pit. If you have beat the game already, there is a pre-endgame save that the game automatically produces before you go in. So that if you want to go back do so something, you re able to. 

Chances are, if you have the save, then you already went into the pit. Which means you could not get back out. Which means, that is the best save to use.

Cheers!

Hello Cimmerian999,

Act 3 ends right as you enter the pit. If you have beat the game already, there is a pre-endgame save that the game automatically produces before you go in. So that if you want to go back do so something, you re able to. 

Chances are, if you have the save, then you already went into the pit. Which means you could not get back out. Which means, that is the best save to use.

Cheers!

I don't think so. I got all the gods to sign off. Jumped into the pit. Survived. Then beat Thaos. Game over. Now only option seems to restore me to this automatic pre pit save. Do I really play from there? That's like I never beat Thaos...

Thx.

Hello Cimmerian999,

Cheers!

I don't think so. I got all the gods to sign off. Jumped into the pit. Survived. Then beat Thaos. Game over. Now only option seems to restore me to this automatic pre pit save. Do I really play from there? That's like I never beat Thaos...

Thx.

That is, I had not beaten the game already.  I 1) talked to the Gods, 2) jumped into the pit (generating autosave), 3) beat the game.  Now I have to go back to the autosave before beating the game?

I think OP does not understand that Expansion has to be done BEFORE killing thaos because it ends the game. DO NOT jump into the pit if you want to play expansion content.

Yes, it is like you never beat Thaos.

OK, finally that's helpful!

That is a really weird decision on there part as it's quite natural to play the quests you already have been assigned.

Also, very weird that killing Thaos just cuts you off from all other stuff.

But, even if I disagree, very helpful to know!

OK, I will jump into the pit much much much later.  At least I know I will win...

Thanks.