[2.0] Multiple problems with saved and new games after 2.0 update

Inchoate

Question

Game Version: 2.00.0706

Description and Steps to Reproduce

1. There is no character AI icon showing in the action bars. The character AI button on the character screen is clickable but does nothing. This is true for all characters and saved games.
  2. When I try to quit the game, I get the confirmation dialogue box, but the game does not quit. It will quit if I zone out of the area and back in, then select Quit again. This is true for all characters and saved games.
  3. When I try to create a new game, the screen is solid black after character creation. Otherwise, the game appeared to be functioning normally (sound played, characters were selectable if you could find them, etc.) Game could be exited only by rebooting the computer. No save file was created. This problem occurs on all new character creation attempts.

System Information

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Savegame file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11113574/PoE%20Files/8f32fb256ff142169e4df64f14e3cf55%208193265%20GildedVale.savegame

Log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11113574/PoE%20Files/Player.log

9 answers to this question

Hello, Inchoate.  I believe you are experiencing issues due to your Macbook wanting to switch video cards during the game.  Follow instructions in this thread, post #13 and let me know if that solves your issue.  Update this thread accordingly and we'll go from there.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Thanks so much for your response. I disabled automatic graphics switching and rebooted the computer. Unfortunately, none of the problems I'm experiencing have been resolved. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Note that I have also discovered that I cannot switch to windowed mode, which makes it impossible to use the Activity Monitor to see which processor the computer is using for PoE.

A second attempt at downloading, installing, and launching the updated game application also failed. When I launch PoE, there is a window saying "Verifying Pillars of Eternity," but after this reaches completion the game simply closes out.

I can still open my original game application, but in addition to the problems I was already having with it, the game crashes upon completion of my current quest. This renders the game unplayable for me. I am greatly disappointed, since before the update, my game ran perfectly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello Inchoate,

This user seemed to have a similar problem that you have. He installed the game one at time to make it work. Maybe his post will give you some insight. 

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81419-px1-fixed-unable-to-save-load-and-quit-after-selecting-single-character/?do=findComment&comment=1724088

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, Aarik D, that problem does seem similar to mine. Unfortunately (as you can see from my previous posts in this thread), I have already tried a full reinstall (several times), which was unsuccessful. Note that I don't have the expansion content—I'm not yet to that point in the game.

Thanks for your note, all the same. I appreciate it.