[2.0] No sound

Carmir

Question

Hi,

I updated my audio driver today and now there is no sound in PoE. It does work in everything else though, other Games, Videos, Browser, Windows sounds etc, it's just Pillars that has this problem! I have an Asus Xonar DX.  Can I maybe tell the game to use a different audio devie?

Thank you for any help, right now I cannot play the game at all, and I really want to see the new content. :(

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

7 answers to this question

Hello, Carmir.  While there is no option inside the game to change the device that you are using, it should be available in the control panel in the sound settings.  I'm sure you have, but I need to ask, have you restarted your pc and made sure to restart the game after installing the updated driver?  It worked before updating the driver?  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello!

I just bought and installed PoE about 2 hours ago via steam.  It was sucessfully installed and I purchased the White March expansion pack as well.  However, upon starting the game there was no sound!  My sound works perfectly with every other application except for PoE.  I stumbled upon this forum in search of an answer and tried to mimic what you suggested: updating my drivers, however they are already fully updated.  Reinstalling PoE (three times now), and restarting the computer (three times now), yet nothing is working.

Please advise as to how I can fix this issue.

Thank you!

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Hello, RobbieJannoh.  According to your output log there was an error trying to access the sound card.  Perhaps changing your sound card drivers to the last version and not the newest version will fix your problem.  Please update this thread as needed.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for the support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/