Upgraded to White March + Pre-order item and pet - Now perception gives accuracy instead of deflection

toroks

Question

Yesterday I bought The White March upgrade at Steam. It was the Pillars of Eternity: Expansion Pass (contains both The White March: Part I and Part II) and now The White March: Part I as well as a "Pre-order item and pet"-module was ready to install from Steam. So I installed these two modules and started to play. Now perception gives accuracy instead of deflection. My main character had dumped perception to 3 for a -7 modifier to deflection, which is now a -7 modifier to accuracy. I tested some perception-boosting food and can tell for a fact that it boosts accuracy in the character-sheet and the combat log (during combat)

What's going on?

5 answers to this question

We changed Perception to add Accuracy instead of Deflection in patch 2.0. You can however retrain any of your characters at any Tavern.

Yes, except my wizard's large number of known spells would also be deleted.

While that is true, it is certainly something you can work around by scribing all the spells you know in separate grimoires and then paying to relearn them. It is a pain in the arse if you haven't kept a stock of Grimoire's around and have to collect new ones from fallen enemies, but it is an option, it works perfectly, and if you are far enough in the game that you have a large number of known spells, you are very likely to have more than enough money and nothing to spend it on to do this.

An alternative if you don't have any surplus grimoires and don't want to spent time hunting down wizards would be hiring adventurer wizards in the inn, leveling them up picking spells you don't have in your book after respeccing, and scribing their spells.

I'm not saying this as some snide comment to imply that your concern is unwarranted, mind you, just pointing out that as problems go it is one that is minor and easily dealt with by the player.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.