Does anyone else end up hating the first area?

In every D&D style game, I always end up hating the first area, since I tend to restart a lot (to try different characters) and it gets to be a pain to redo it. 

Not sure there's any particular solution to this though... a simulation area where you can try new builds before starting the game? A chance to edit your character one last time before moving out into the world? (like Oblivion... then you can just save at that point and use it to restart)...

Before people start flaming, this isn't a serious issue, just wondering if anyone has the same experience.

• Like 1

Haha, the amount of times I did the first dungeon of Shadows of Amn I could probably do it now in my sleep.

Ahhh, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more...'experiments'.

This is the worst part about it, you have to watch the whole cutscene over and over without being able to skip.

• Like 1

In every D&D style game, I always end up hating the first area, since I tend to restart a lot (to try different characters) and it gets to be a pain to redo it. 

Not sure there's any particular solution to this though... a simulation area where you can try new builds before starting the game? A chance to edit your character one last time before moving out into the world? (like Oblivion... then you can just save at that point and use it to restart)...

Before people start flaming, this isn't a serious issue, just wondering if anyone has the same experience.

The first area is pretty nice in this game.  You actually get a variety of nice RPing options, and the first dungeon is not only short but it has multiple of ways of getting though the dungeon.

Haha, the amount of times I did the first dungeon of Shadows of Amn I could probably do it now in my sleep.

This is the worst part about it, you have to watch the whole cutscene over and over without being able to skip.

I've never understood why any game ever made would *EVER* include unskippable cutscenes. I mean yeah, I get it, you want people to get your story etc.--but if they're gonna skip the cutscenes then they *clearly* either don't give a **** about the story anyway or have already seen it, so all you're doing is annoying and frustrating people for no gain.

• Like 1

Golem - "More intruders have entered the complex, master."

Irenicus - "They act sooner than anticipated.. No matter, they will only prove a slight delay in.....," crap.. ive actually forgotten :/

The first area is pretty nice in this game.  You actually get a variety of nice RPing options, and the first dungeon is not only short but it has multiple of ways of getting though the dungeon.

You have a point. As first dungeons go, it's really not bad. But after one finds the most efficient way to do things, you tend to keep repeating. Oh, what a surprise... Sparfel went hunting! 

I guess this is first-world RPG problems...

Don't... I could draw a freaking map of the entire area and where there were enemies, traps and all sort of other crap.

At least POEs opening dungeon is relatively short and thus you can breeze through it fairly quickly - I have done it a LOT already but I still kill every enemy and pick up every scrap of loot along the way (disarm every trap possible) :)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

That is why dungeon-be-gone is a god tier mod of any game period.

And miss the heart wrenching drama of Khalid not making it? I think not.

Not gonna happen. The omnipresent authority figure has plans for Jaheira. They involve this locked cell and forever.

Nothing gold can stay.

Yeah as someone who suffers from chronic "restartitis" I end up getting way to intimate with the starting dungeons. Dragon age Origins, Dwarven noble path - oh my hat, Loved the game, loved the "origin", but still have nightmares about that section.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light