Stuck in Combat Mode

Katarack21

Question

I just cleared the cave on the first map in Cragholdt Bluffs. After beating all the Steelspine Magus's and Void Seers (barely), I found myself stuck in combat mode--and Pallegina couldn't move, either. This had happened before after defeating one of the groups of bandits, but in that case while the character had been stuck in place at least combat mode had ended. I cleared that up by saving and reloading, but I can't save in combat mode. I'm probably going to have to redo this battle again, and that's gonna suck.

These Magus don't screw around. They're tough.

10 answers to this question

So I fixed it. Here's what I did.

I figured Pallagina being stuck and combat mode not ending were interrelated somehow. So I used Aloth to cast an AoE spell at her, figuring if I killed her and resurrected her maybe it would fix it. As soon as I dealt Pallagina 1 damage, combat mode ended--but she was still suck in place. So I saved and reloaded again, and now it's all working fine.

Hello, Katarack21.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused.  Next time please upload a saved game right before the issue happens along with an output log to something like Dropbox so I can download the files and take a closer look.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, Katarack21.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this caused.  Next time please upload a saved game right before the issue happens along with an output log to something like Dropbox so I can download the files and take a closer look.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue!

I'll try. Hope I have a saved game in the right moment next time. What's the process for making the output log?

I also got stuck two or three times after combat. Solved that be increasing quicksaving frequency and reloading; needless to say this sucks with really hard-to-beat opponents which you need to fight again then OTOH you can try different tactics: always look on the brught side! Next time that happens I'm going to save the Player.log. Not able to save and providea savegame though while stuck in combat.

I'm linking my issue with getting stuck prior / within / after cut scenes which might or might not be related. Hope it helps. In 2.0 it feels getting stuck in general is something that happens quite often in contrast to 1.0x which might hint at a general issue with continuity / transitioning from and to different interaction modes. Never happened in 1.06 for me - not within 40 hours of playing. Maybe I should have waited for 2.01 but... nah... ;)

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the "getting stuck in place" problem and the "combat mode doesn't end" problem might be related to each. I've noticed a *LOT* more points in the expansion where placing a character on a particular pixel in terrain causes the character to dither back and forth rapidly until you move them to another spot.

In a fight I used Barring the Death's Door on Aloth.

After the fight Aloth was standing, but I couldn't move him or select him, his icon was still grayed out with 0 Endurance and 2 HP.

cBcf8Fb.jpg

When I tried to save according to a message I was in combat mode, even if I could pick up the loot.

Healing did not help (maybe because his health was so low?).

However after setting camp (rest) Aloth was back to normal.

output_log - stuck.txt

I've come to burn your kingdom down