Game crash at startup

servantrider

Question

I used to be able to play fine, as recently as a month or two ago. However, when I updated the game and purchased the new DLC, I'm now receiving a crash/error when trying to start the game.

As soon as I try to start the game, either by steam interface or through the pillarsofeternity executable, there is an error that reads:

Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "2015-08-26_035934" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

I don't get to even see any of the splash screens, it just instantly errors out. I've attached the associated error folder and would appreciate any help in getting this game working again.

2015-08-26_035934.zip

11 answers to this question

Hello, servantrider.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  If you could answer a couple questions for me and perhaps upload one more file I think I can be of greater help.

What operating system are you running, and what are the specs on your system?  A dxdiag file would pretty much answer all of that for me, as I'm not getting much from your output file.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello lequenne,

The dxdiag file is your system spec file. : Press (windowkey + R), Type "dxdiag" and press Enter, Click "Save All Information", Attach the file that you create.

It seems that your graphics card is not being recognized somehow. Please upload a dxdiag (system spec) file and I can see what graphics card you have. 

Thank you for your support.