Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Novella comming? Any word on progress?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

why

why

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 305 posts
If it turned out that Mr. Avellone were being negligent or vindictive in delaying the fulfillment of his obligations, that would disappointing. Not because I'm personally invested. I'm new around here, but whatever happened you'd hope for better comportment.
  • Karkarov likes this

eisnerguy1

eisnerguy1

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:eisnerguy
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Weird that there still hasn't been an official response :(

Eisenheinrich

Eisenheinrich

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 137 posts

I guess, besides the short-stories, there won't be any novella by MCA. I doesn't make me sad, 'cause POE itself is like a novella, but some official response would be nice.

Edited by Eisenheinrich, 18 February 2016 - 08:03 AM.

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I know its the silence on the matter that is under some folks skin, but I will say that the published short stories were really enjoyable. If your waiting on the novella but have not checked out the short stories, they are all worth the read. 

• Suen, juanval, sp3cw4r and 1 other like this

sp3cw4r

sp3cw4r

Nullifier of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Some official word on this would certainly be appreciated.

I remember responding to another thread on this way way back, the day MCA tweeted about having submitted it to the editors. No word since then?

Backers deserve an answer on whether it's coming or not.

JBrown247

JBrown247

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

CA ran out on PoE and W2 novels. I don't see what is so confusing about this. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

I doubt he will be able to make any more of these shady deals. He should be sued.

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I certainly do not want Chris sued over it, that would be a tad overly litigious. I wish the man well in is future endeavors. It would have been a bit classier to complete an obligation he had made during his employment, but recent events have lead me to the conclusion that I like my favorite game developers happy with their projects and their studios.

Quite a few talented developers have been moving to nostalgia based studios like Beamdog, Obsidian, and inXile. Warren Spector is making new System Shock and Ultima Underworld games while David Gaider and Chris Avelone gets to try their hands at a smaller dev cycle again. Sorry off topic but I do think its exciting.

• Ineth likes this

why

why

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 305 posts
We haven't been on topic for a while anyway, so what the hell? I liked Bioshock quite a bit, and that was supposed to be kind of a spiritual likening (can't say spiritual successor anymore since it's become a contentious word), but there's plenty of spirit left to create another game, whether they call it System Shock or not. I recently bought the Ultima pack, and it hasn't held up as well as the SSI Dungeons and Dragons games for me. I finished Eye of the Beholder and I started on 2, but I haven't had time to play for the past few days.

I guess, to throw a bone at the topic, the thing to keep in mind regarding these things, and I'll keep this in mind if I ever have enough money to back a project, that you aren't assured of anything. You should reasonably expect to get what's offered at the pledge level, but I think the structure of the tier system, as I understand it, is that you're taking a gamble when you throw in your money.
  • boffmoffet likes this

Adam Brennecke

Adam Brennecke

Programmer

• Developers
  • 454 posts

It's coming soon. The audio book is recorded, and all that's left is the cover illustration. 

• tarasis, FlintlockJazz, Nonek and 17 others like this

gogocactus

gogocactus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Steam:gogocactus
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sweet. Thanks a lot for the information!

why

why

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 305 posts
Look, we got an answer... the Engwithans were wrong. Apparently, the gods do exist. Not that I'll have access to the novella, but it's cool to see some movement for the people who pledged for it.
  • Karkarov likes this

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for the update!

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5389 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Thank you, Adam!

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thank you, Adam. I am looking forward to have a listen.

juanval

juanval

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

But, novella is not written?? Uff.... my english level is low and I can't understand audio.

I decided playing PoE on english instead of spanish, and I was using google translator all the time :geek:

• gogocactus likes this

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oh so the delay was to record the audio? Well that's not very exciting, I was anticipating some juicy drama, clashes of Herculean wit and pistols at dawn on a cold misty morn. Really now i'm quite upset at such a mundane explanation, and the stifling of my fevered imaginations workings. Have you no feelings for those who weave together pathetic far reaching conspiracy theories on no evidence and utterly baseless conjecture?

Harumph, harumph and thrice harumph I say to thee Sirs.

• redneckdevil and Ineth like this

why

why

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 305 posts

Oh so the delay was to record the audio? Well that's not very exciting, I was anticipating some juicy drama, clashes of Herculean wit and pistols at dawn on a cold misty morn. Really now i'm quite upset at such a mundane explanation, and the stifling of my fevered imaginations workings. Have you no feelings for those who weave together pathetic far reaching conspiracy theories on no evidence and utterly baseless conjecture?

Yeah, it's like Mr. Brennecke came in and threw water on all our fun. Can we at least conjecture that Mr. Avellone gave the cover illustrator a cold in a last ditch vindictive act meant to delay the release?
  • gogocactus likes this

Nosey and Opinionated

Nosey and Opinionated

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts

That would be a long delay just to record some audio. They recorded VA for both expansions since the novella was supposed to have come out.

Probably still something else going on, but I don't think we'll ever know.

Edited by Nosey and Opinionated, 19 February 2016 - 03:07 PM.

tarasis

tarasis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Steam:tarasis
  • Xbox Gamertag:duemoko
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well blow me down, this is good news.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1174 posts
After that amount of effort will they be selling it or is it just for a backer reward?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users