Cannot speak to the Steward to begin Durgan's batter

Snoovus

Question

Update:  I loaded up my save game right next to the steward and was still unable to interact with him; I did notice that my mouse cursor turned into a red circle with a slash through it when I moused over him.   I'm stuck and can't continue on with the DLC. 

Update - I had not completed Act II in it's entirety yet so I finished it tonight; I had read on other forums that you needed to complete Act II to unlock the steward.  Anyway, it did not unlock him in my game.  I mouse over him and I still cannot interact with him; the mouse has a red circle with a slash through it stil.  At this point this quest (and the DLC content) are unaccessable. 

Dear Developers,

Kindly Please, Can you share about progress of solving this issue, I also have same problem. Please give info about this issue going on  and maybe some info how long we must wait for ....or is it possible to start DLC without starting from the very beggining, please...

I am having the same problem.  I loaded the Pre-Endgame save and I have Durgan's Battery quest.  I cannot interact with the Steward at all.  I don't want my money back because I love this game, I just wanna play White March.  Keep us updated please!

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

We are aware of the issue and we are currently investigating the issue. Once we have a fix, we will update you on the situation. So please bare with us while we are working on the problem.

Thank you for you understanding and patience.

In my case I didn't finish the main game, don't and find other several bugs, not only that one, but... that's the most annoying, cause, I payed for something i couldn't use... is a bit strange that Obisdian published the "final version" with a bug of that magnitude... I think, that's hitting POE and Obsidian public perception, so, because that, my hopes are that in the next few days we will have a patch or a way to solve that.

Good even all,

I too have this issue - at least some of the issue.  I have the Durgan's Battery quest; however, I receive no correlating option when I speak to the Steward (unlike posts here, I AM at least able to speak to him/her)

I believe I have completed all side quests in White Marsh (not tied to gaining entry to Durgan's) however, I am unable to get inside...

Good even all,

I too have this issue - at least some of the issue.  I have the Durgan's Battery quest; however, I receive no correlating option when I speak to the Steward (unlike posts here, I AM at least able to speak to him/her)

I believe I have completed all side quests in White Marsh (not tied to gaining entry to Durgan's) however, I am unable to get inside...

Do you got the mission on your journal? I read on some forums that need to be in chapter 3 to access the expansion content, but, not sure about that requierements.

Between: Any of you, that suffer the problem, got some modules installed? I got IEMOD, and I was on the white march beta, don't know if that has something to be with the problems described before (Eder waiting to speak, can't talk to stewardess, Savage Attack...); Anyway, I uninstalled all the game, and reinstalled but still having the same issues.

Update - Just for grins I started a new game and have been playing it here and there.   On the new game I can get the steward to talk to me and it opens up the White March expansion normally however, if I load up my original character I still cannot interact with him/it at all.   It must be some sort of condition that you triggered in the game.   My thought would be when you took over the keep and had the option to let the crazy guy's soul (sorry I don't remember his name) go, stay, etc...

One the one that is broke I opted to have his soul stay in the keep as a guardian.  i.e. the steward.

On the game that works I released his soul and the steward has a female voice and 'works'. 

Anyway, that's my running theory.  

Thanks for the update, Mama. It has been a couple weeks since my original post. Hopefully we can get an update soon. Unfortunately, I simply do not have the time to start the game all over, and therefore am stuck in the game. I wanted to do the White March before I finished Pillars, so I haven't played the game in weeks.

Update - Just for grins I started a new game and have been playing it here and there.   On the new game I can get the steward to talk to me and it opens up the White March expansion normally however, if I load up my original character I still cannot interact with him/it at all.   It must be some sort of condition that you triggered in the game.   My thought would be when you took over the keep and had the option to let the crazy guy's soul (sorry I don't remember his name) go, stay, etc...

One the one that is broke I opted to have his soul stay in the keep as a guardian.  i.e. the steward.

On the game that works I released his soul and the steward has a female voice and 'works'. 

Anyway, that's my running theory.  

I released him and can't talk with steward. Im the only one with eder chat problem? seems to be related. Eder got the icon that have something to tell you, but already picked all the options.

I think I found something... Seems that the game data has been reset to "zero" on White March installation or the last update. This means that you dont own caed nua (but you do) so you can't talk with the Steward until you complete the mission (but you can't access that mission cause is already done and you are in another chapter).

I figured that cause I went to cyad nial (was that the name?) the first place were Thaos exectued the ritual (just when you start the game and get out of the cave), i was there looking for a bounty and know what: I found the carbonized figure in front of the machine, Thaos and 3 people more... YES! exactly the escene have seen on the game start! but you can't interact with them.

Also

There is another thing that corroborates my theory :). Lot of areas still being unexplored... But I already explored them! on the beggining I thought that happens cause I started chapter 3 and "things have changed" in the world, but seeing all the bugs maybe a "reset" of variables/data could be the answer for all this problems.

Edited by judgebeo
  • Like 1