I played the game twice once with a wizard and once with a barbarian.

I wanted a feature in the game that I could import my barbarian or wizard into a new game (with all the gear) and xp to just blaze through the game

to see different quests outcomes (playing once with each faction in Defiance Bay for example). I don't have the time for another 100 hours playthrough.

For this to work the main character would work like diablo characters work or the game would import the main character from a savegame. You can start and play with them through the game anytime in any difficulty mode. Doing that would disable achievements of course.

Note however that I don't want the diablo core mechanics or farming. I just want the character available with all its gear.

Another neat feature would be to have adventurers you created in another playthrough available for hire for a higher fee.

What do you think? Would you use those features?

Edited by Gunnar.Maluf
  • Like 1

I played the game twice once with a wizard and once with a barbarian.

I wanted a feature in the game that I could import my barbarian or wizard into a new game (with all the gear) and xp to just blaze through the game

to see different quests outcomes (playing once with each faction in Defiance Bay for example). I don't have the time for another 100 hours playthrough.

For this to work the main character would work like diablo characters work or the game would import the main character from a savegame. You can start and play with them through the game anytime in any difficulty mode. Doing that would disable achievements of course.

Note however that I don't want the diablo core mechanics or farming. I just want the character available with all its gear.

Another neat feature would be to have adventurers you created in another playthrough available for hire for a higher fee.

What do you think? Would you use those features?

I like that last idea, actually. Like the game saves your abilities, talents, etc.--but not your gear--and makes a character with exactly that set up available for hire in future games with a fee based on level, etc with the same name.

That's a cool idea.

• Like 2

You used to be able to export your character in BG/IWD etc. for this type of thing....

I remember importing from BG1 into BG2. Dont remember being able to start over with my previous end game character.

You could.  You could import any saved BG character into BGII.  It's kinda fun to send an ubermensch who finished watchers keep through the game and watch them gib all the midlevel enemies.  

My friends used character imports to abuse the hell out of this in a multiplayer game.  They would save before a big quest reward and constantly finish the quest reload the characters and finish the quest again.  I never saw the point.

• Like 2

You used to be able to export your character in BG/IWD etc. for this type of thing....

I remember importing from BG1 into BG2. Dont remember being able to start over with my previous end game character.

Yea you just export your character....start a new game....import x level character...try it out with the EE or modded versions of those games...still works.

Same as you can turn BG into IWD by making a multiplayer game...creating your whole party...then moving that MP saved file into your SP save folder.

Edited by GreyFox
  • Like 2

Yeah, if you don't care about achievements then just use the command console to boost your level, add gold/abilities/items and make enchanting free. You can run roughshod over the game, I tried it with a Paladin and gave her 100's in all stats.