Isn't spirit form with monk's talent a bit OP ?

So now we can get minor versions of other classes stuff. From monk + unarmed dmg.

Well my first thought was to check it out with druid's spirit form +usual elemental dmg (no savage attack here)

well...

+45% elemental dmg on top of it. 140 hits are normal :p Especially good with Stag Form + Druid Stag Carnage

PS

this is test char levelled through console commands thus recognizable nick :D

post-52823-0-48444700-1440533415_thumb.jpg

Edited by Killyox
  • Like 1

You call it OP; I call it pretty good.

The Monk talent doesn't really have many applications for other classes besides this one, so let it shine :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I was wondering if that was going to work.

Seems pretty good. Still shame new 7th level druid spells aren't really all that.

Actually the one giving potions is really good. It even gives summoned creatures them.

Each for my druid recovered ~100 endurance, gave 5 might and 5 perception for 20s and also +20% attack speed for 20sec. Seems good :D Summons also hit rather hard. It still doesn't beat venombloom and many other spells but it's good.

Edited by Killyox
  • Like 1

How did you get those numbers? Even with a 21 Might Amauna I don't get more than 37-58 damage in spiritshape at level 14. The Monk Multiclass Talent doesn't seem to apply at all. Weapon Focus Peasant works, but Novice's Suffering does nothing for my druid's attacks.

How did you get those numbers? Even with a 21 Might Amauna I don't get more than 37-58 damage in spiritshape at level 14. The Monk Multiclass Talent doesn't seem to apply at all. Weapon Focus Peasant works, but Novice's Suffering does nothing for my druid's attacks.

Not sure what the problem is in your game but I can confirm that the monk multiclass talent does apply. I respec'd Hiravias at level 9 with just 1 of the Wildstrike talents and he's hitting for 40-50 pretty frequently.

That said, I don't think this is OP since the new AI is much better at targeting your low DR party members. Spirit form is great if you find yourself with an enemy caster/squishy near your druid or if you're just cleaning up stragglers and don't want to spend any per rest spells. I'm playing on PotD so YMMV.

Well that sucks. Just when I wanted to play a druid. :-/

I don't have any mods except an old version of IEmod which I just deleted. Same error. Guess I'll try a clean install and hope for the best.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Well, my druid (this here) did 150 dmg on crits so it's not bad. This dmg was without Savage Attack so it can be pumped even higher. I like it because even grazes hurt so it fits the idea of a savage beast rather than skilled precise warrior :D

On a sidenote I made Stag druid NPC merc to be one of my frontlines with his form and spells. High int/might/con :) Stag Carnage is pretty good :)

You can supplement it with rogue-class talent as well.

Edited by Killyox

I'm thinking more about a caster-ish druid with Int 18, Might & Perception 15, rest 10. Using Spiritshape early on when I don't have enough spells and later when enemies come too close (which happens more frequently with the new AI, I've heard). Just can't decide which race to pick. Might end up with wood elf because it fits the druid and the +5 accuracy against ranged targets help with spells.

Assuming I get Novice's Suffering to work, what else works with spiritshape? I know about Weapon Focus Peasant and the +4 Accuracy from the paladin talent work too. How about two-weapon style? Does that affect the speed of the claws?

Also, what would be the best form for occasional melee? Stag is nice but the carnage being once per rest kinda sucks. The increased defenses are nice, too. I might end up taking either stag or Bear.

Yes, Two Weapon Style affects claws.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm thinking more about a caster-ish druid with Int 18, Might & Perception 15, rest 10. Using Spiritshape early on when I don't have enough spells and later when enemies come too close (which happens more frequently with the new AI, I've heard). Just can't decide which race to pick. Might end up with wood elf because it fits the druid and the +5 accuracy against ranged targets help with spells.

Assuming I get Novice's Suffering to work, what else works with spiritshape? I know about Weapon Focus Peasant and the +4 Accuracy from the paladin talent work too. How about two-weapon style? Does that affect the speed of the claws?

Also, what would be the best form for occasional melee? Stag is nice but the carnage being once per rest kinda sucks. The increased defenses are nice, too. I might end up taking either stag or Bear.

Each of form skills is per rest. Stag's the best out of all imo and changing gives you +7 to all defenses as well. Two weapon style does affect spirit form attack but before getting it it's better to get 30% elemental dmg and Monk-thingy first. Then either two weapons style or peasant focus. You will want both tbh :)

Stag Carnage is a game changer. It really can turn the fight around the most from forms' skills. With high Int it will also cover huge area as well.

Edited by Killyox

Mmh? Claws are dual wielding. Hence their being affected by two weapon fighting.

Yes, Two Weapon Style affects claws.

So, Claws = Two handed weapon and Fists = Dual Wielding? Uhhh?

Sure, you never seen Wolverine?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

OK!

It appears there is a BUG with Nature's Bounty. You can chug these potions down without actually drinking them (when you got rdy bar going you drink but it doesn't disappear) to get constant +5 might + per and it can get ridiculously high.

More info with screenshots here http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81431-novices-suffering-not-affecting-spiritshift/?do=findComment&comment=1725048

Ok then. Gonna check Novice alone. 

Yup, novice does not work in shapeshift but does otuside of it

UPDATE

#1 is with Novice's Suffering

#2 is Form with Novice's Suffering

#3 is without Novice's Suffering

#4 is Form without Novice's Suffering

post-52823-0-59346000-1440858239_thumb.jpg
post-52823-0-29045800-1440858273_thumb.jpg
post-52823-0-17888700-1440858336_thumb.jpg
post-52823-0-84151500-1440858349_thumb.jpg

Well. So we know Novice's Suffering doesn't (yet) work with spiritshift form and that Nature's Bounty is bugged  :p

Keep in mind though that screen from OP is with bugged Nature's Bounty too.

Edited by Killyox