Those of us with DRM free copies

I've asked this question in a couple of threads related to the White March, but noone has answered me thus far, so I thought id just make a new topic.

I am slightly concerned that nothing has been said about those of us using the DRM free physical copies from kickstarter getting the expansion.  Can we get it from GoG?  Do we get a download from somewhere else?  If we do not then the DRM free copies of the game are kinda pointless.  Of course I may have missed some news regarding this so if someone knows then feel free to point me in the right direction :).

Surely I am not the only one wondering about this though?

• Like 1

I would also like an answer to this.  Also, where is the download page for the physical copy patches?  I think I've clicked every single menu link on the Obsidian website and found nothing.

Edit:  Okay, found a link to the patch download page ( no 2.0 though ) but it would be nice to have a link on the PoE homepage.

Edited by mute688

Id hope they at least put up the 2.0 patch, but to be honest without the expansion content it kinda makess the drm free versions worthless.

The problem is some people may have given away their digital copies to friends, so they would have to buy the entire game to play the expansion.  Personally Im not in any major rush as I will be waiting for part 2 before playing the game, so hopefully by then they may have sorted out what is happening with the backer drm free copies.  It does kinda concern me how little attention this question is getting, though I guess obsidian are kinda busy atm.  Benefit of the doubt for now.

Although I am suprised there arent more backers asking about this.

2.0 should be up on the download page by the end of the week, and they are looking at methods to get the expansion out to physical disk owners.  

Speaking of this - if I had a tier with both a digital and boxed copy of the game (currently 1 on desktop with expansion 1 on laptop still 1.06) am I expected to purchase separate expansions for each?

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Id hope they at least put up the 2.0 patch, but to be honest without the expansion content it kinda makess the drm free versions worthless.

The problem is some people may have given away their digital copies to friends, so they would have to buy the entire game to play the expansion.  Personally Im not in any major rush as I will be waiting for part 2 before playing the game, so hopefully by then they may have sorted out what is happening with the backer drm free copies.  It does kinda concern me how little attention this question is getting, though I guess obsidian are kinda busy atm.  Benefit of the doubt for now.

Although I am suprised there arent more backers asking about this.

I've kinda just about given up on Obsidian and I'm guessing many of the thousands of other physical backers have too. Hence not hearing more about it.

Obsidian has been just shy of horribad when it has come to communicating with the physical backers since the game launched. We had to wait a long time for the actual disks, we had to wait a long time after that to be able to patch, we can't currently patch to 2.0 (or at least there's no easy way to know how to do this), we can't get The White March for our physical copies (or at least there's no easy way to know how to do this), and there's been very little communication / heads up as to what's going on, and what little there has been has just about never been in a timely manner (we need multiple threads asking the same type of questions).

This is a failure on Obsidian's part to meet expectations, and moreover to communicate proactively to set alternate expectations in order to preserve the respect of it's customers (arguably many of it's most loyal customers (or at least formerly so)). Frankly, while I've little doubt there are some great people working at Obsidian, I get the impression that Feargus and the other guys at the top have taken the goodwill of the game's backers for granted at this point.

Which brings up a related issue: Where on earth is the Novella from Avellone?! There's been multiple threads asking about it, yet nothing from Obsidian, and it was promised quite some time back. All it takes is a heads up Obsidian. Basic customer service etiquette. Be proactive, not reactive. Someone in that company is failing in this department, and hard.

• Like 2

Looking for patch 2.0 as I have a DRM  free copy from GOG.

Is the Patch included with the White March expansion or is it pointless to buy it as I only have it patched up to 1.6

The patch is available on GOG.

Note that you will have to install any patches and hot fixes you have not yet installed including 2.0 before installing the expansion (on GOG)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I've kinda just about given up on Obsidian and I'm guessing many of the thousands of other physical backers have too. Hence not hearing more about it.

Obsidian has been just shy of horribad when it has come to communicating with the physical backers since the game launched. We had to wait a long time for the actual disks, we had to wait a long time after that to be able to patch, we can't currently patch to 2.0 (or at least there's no easy way to know how to do this), we can't get The White March for our physical copies (or at least there's no easy way to know how to do this), and there's been very little communication / heads up as to what's going on, and what little there has been has just about never been in a timely manner (we need multiple threads asking the same type of questions).

This is a failure on Obsidian's part to meet expectations, and moreover to communicate proactively to set alternate expectations in order to preserve the respect of it's customers (arguably many of it's most loyal customers (or at least formerly so)). Frankly, while I've little doubt there are some great people working at Obsidian, I get the impression that Feargus and the other guys at the top have taken the goodwill of the game's backers for granted at this point.

Which brings up a related issue: Where on earth is the Novella from Avellone?! There's been multiple threads asking about it, yet nothing from Obsidian, and it was promised quite some time back. All it takes is a heads up Obsidian. Basic customer service etiquette. Be proactive, not reactive. Someone in that company is failing in this department, and hard.

I agree with your sentiments 1000%. It really makes me second-guess going for a physical rewards tier for any future kickstarter they plan on having; what's the point of having a physical disc if it's so badly supported? It's barely better than having a physical disc that simply has a Steam installation file.

The radio silence on both this issue and the Avellone novella is pretty disconcerting.

The radio silence on both this issue and the Avellone novella is pretty disconcerting.

The official word on the 2.0 patches and the expansion..

As for the Abelone novella, it seems like he is chronically over extendeding himself, as he also hadn't delivered the Wasteland 2 novellast (which was turning into a full blown novel last time I heard about it).

Edited by Night Stalker

The official word on the 2.0 patches and the expansion..

As for the Abelone novella, it seems like he is chronically over extendeding himself, as he also hadn't delivered the Wasteland 2 novellast (which was turning into a full blown novel last time I heard about it).

Thanks for that.

Nice to know they are looking into it.  Im just kinda suprised all of this wasnt discussed and sorted out well before the release of white march...

Im sure avellone said hed finished the PoE novella though as well.

Edited by Excalibur_2102