Yes it is going to be worked on for 2.0 by the person currently in charge of the project, at least their last thread and im's I exchanged with them sure made that impression.  I will also be returning to see what I can do to push the UI into being a bit better as well.

EDIT: Lul he already posted too.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 4

Springwight - just a head's up that QA said there's a patch coming next week for The White March. Might want to wait until then to update the mod to avoid doing double work within such a short span.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Is there any way to "uninstall" 2.0?  It broke the IE mod (of course!) and I only play in SUPER-slow mode during combat using the CTL button (my real-life Dexterity is about a "3"). I tried uninstalling PoE and reinstalling selecting only the main game from Steam.  However, it automatically downloaded the 2.0 version.  Now I can't play until the IE Mod for 2.0 is ready :'(

Hey Spring, any chance for including a font mod for people like me with bad eyes? Arial Black or at least more scaleable font? I was going to do a dramatic reading of PoE but either the font is too blurry if I downsize the resolution or it's too small if I keep it native. If it's bold, I'd be ok with the size or if it scaled to 200%, I'd also be fine.

Also, I hate borderless windowed mode. I'd rather have a true non-blurry fullscreen mode so I could run it at 1280x720 like I do for the rest of my games.

Edited by rkade8583

Not really :)

I should know, since I'm probably going to be the main guy working on it.

I was out of the forums for a little while. Work kicked my ass. Glad to know Bester have a successor. 

I'll take it as a compliment :D

Is there any way to "uninstall" 2.0?  It broke the IE mod (of course!) and I only play in SUPER-slow mode during combat using the CTL button (my real-life Dexterity is about a "3"). I tried uninstalling PoE and reinstalling selecting only the main game from Steam.  However, it automatically downloaded the 2.0 version.  Now I can't play until the IE Mod for 2.0 is ready :'(

I really have no idea, sorry. You'd have to contact wherever you got the game from. 

If all else fails just... well.. I'm sure you can get it from... somewhere... 

Hey Spring, any chance for including a font mod for people like me with bad eyes? Arial Black or at least more scaleable font? I was going to do a dramatic reading of PoE but either the font is too blurry if I downsize the resolution or it's too small if I keep it native. If it's bold, I'd be ok with the size or if it scaled to 200%, I'd also be fine.

Also, I hate borderless windowed mode. I'd rather have a true non-blurry fullscreen mode so I could run it at 1280x720 like I do for the rest of my games.

Are you referring to the blurry fonts in some menus in the game? There's a bug like that that appeared in 2.0 for some reason, while for others it appeared before. There should be a fix soon.

I'm sorry, but I don't plan on adding any features until I release what already exists :(

• Like 3

Are you referring to the blurry fonts in some menus in the game? There's a bug like that that appeared in 2.0 for some reason, while for others it appeared before. There should be a fix soon.

I'm sorry, but I don't plan on adding any features until I release what already exists :(

Makes sense. I don't think it's a bug. I think it's something with borderless windowed mode and "sub-optimal" resolutions for the monitor used. I have a 1920. In fullscreen games (like Civ4 just to name an example,) I can drop it down to 1280x720 and read everything like a charm. With this (and Diablo 3 to use another example,) everything gets blurry.

Adding a true fullscreen mode might be a bit much, obviously, but please keep bold sans serif font options in the back of your head for when everything's up-to-date.

Go Arial Black! :)

edit: Although the opening cinematic font mixup might, indeed, be a bug as it's not blurry in the options menu at 1600x900 so maybe it's a bit of half-and-half.

post-150128-0-62412500-1440599627_thumb.jpg

post-150128-0-27849100-1440599628_thumb.jpg

Edited by rkade8583
  • Like 1