Update 100: The White March - Part I

It's a silly question I know but how can I play the expansion? In the game menu it says the expansion is installed but I cannot find a way to play it directly. Is it only accessible from within the normal gameplay? I use the GOG version.

The expansion adds additional content to your current playthrough. More areas, companions, items, etc. You can access it after you have finished the first major quest in act 2.

It's a silly question I know but how can I play the expansion? In the game menu it says the expansion is installed but I cannot find a way to play it directly. Is it only accessible from within the normal gameplay? I use the GOG version.

I think so. It's more content in the main game you can go to during the main plot after you get the stronghold (more or less).

It's not a continuation past main game plot.

Are there any requirements other than getting the stronghold? I started a new game and have the stronghold now but there doesn't seem to be a way to access the new content

Just need to complete the first major quest in act 2. I don't want to give away any spoilers.

Just a quick question because I made an odd observation: Is the game supposed to be 1.0.5.0582 PX1 Steam?

I'm a bit confused, since I was on 2.0 beta before.

No. The game should be 2.00.760. If you are seeing that build it is in an incorrect state. Are you back on the default branch? What I mean is, have you removed the beta branch and gone back to "none"?

Yeah, thanks. It now downloads some 4GBs of data. Instead of the 2 it originally downloaded.

Good stuff. Kudos for the team, it's a great game, and I have great expectations regarding the xpac.

I, for one, will play it only after the second part is released. Not in a hurry, and I'd rather experience it in a single go.

Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

• You may now retrain your party members to modify their attributes, skills, and abilities. Now you can try out new builds quickly and easily.

It won't let me retrain their attributes. Is it only party members you make? Not companions? This needs to be made more clear.

Ummm should game be 2.00.706 (not 760) - that's what mine is... ??

(also followed by PX1 or 1PX?) On GOG 

also will patch 2.0 be coming soon for DVD users??

Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

You know just how to please me, Obsidian. 

47_4b17d720d0-adra_w-original-500x500_zp

Adra dragon by Polina, also went for Woedica ... couldn't get all three, that would be greedy. 

50_6641362dfc-woedica_g-original-500x500

Have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the rubber sleeve labels. I don't know why. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Woohoo! Definitely will purchase, but I'll probably wait for part 2 before I play. Mostly for the same reasons I like to wait for a full season of something to hit Netflix. I have to avoid spoilers like the plague but if I succeed I don't claw my eyes out mid season out of impatience.

Thanks Obsidian ;)

Congrats Obsidian :)
I'll have to wait for the expansion, but thanks also for the base-game update to 2.0 :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Woohoo! Definitely will purchase, but I'll probably wait for part 2 before I play. Mostly for the same reasons I like to wait for a full season of something to hit Netflix. I have to avoid spoilers like the plague but if I succeed I don't claw my eyes out mid season out of impatience.

Thanks Obsidian ;)

Part I is supposed to be a complete story that does not end with a cliffhanger, so I think it would be fine. Since this is a Tales of the Sword Coast - like expansion, I expect Part II to pick up other stories in other places.

Still, waiting to get both parts is worth it if you want to get the experience of an old school expansion pack.

Nothing gold can stay.

Part I is supposed to be a complete story that does not end with a cliffhanger, so I think it would be fine. Since this is a Tales of the Sword Coast - like expansion, I expect Part II to pick up other stories in other places.

Still, waiting to get both parts is worth it if you want to get the experience of an old school expansion pack.

And here I thought that your party's gonna end up in the lowest parts of the Durgan's Battery with some impossible-to-open huge door that will only be accessible to the player after part 2 is installed.

Phew :)

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

IIRC Josh said in an interview that Part II would deal with the consequences of Part I.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

And here I thought that your party's gonna end up in the lowest parts of the Durgan's Battery with some impossible-to-open huge door that will only be accessible to the player after part 2 is installed.

Phew :)

You thought wrong.

Take that, sarcasm!

Nothing gold can stay.

March 2016 according to a German magazine, IIRC. Obsidian never Said anything official about it though.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

has already been announced when probably will be released part II of the white march? 

From GOG:

"The White March Part II automatically becomes available to Expansion Pass owners as soon as it is released this Winter."

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

How much does it add to the original playthrough (if anything at all)?

I'm trying to decide if to use my "last save" or start a new game: I'll do the latter if there is enough new stuff :)

I spent several hours this afternoon just clearing a single map which included several unique items. :thumbsup:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

How much does it add to the original playthrough (if anything at all)?

I'm trying to decide if to use my "last save" or start a new game: I'll do the latter if there is enough new stuff :)

I spent several hours this afternoon just clearing a single map which included several unique items. :thumbsup:

added into the original game area?  (Or do you mean an expansion area?).

Any new content beyond items in the original areas?  (conversations / NPCs / quests (whether related to White March or not) / etc?)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: