Hard drive issue

SadExchange

Ok, that's interesting. I always thought it was the fan trying to cool my horrible 6 core Intel Core i7-970 cpu that made the most sound in my system, but I finally removed the 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Black today and now I can't hear my computer anymore! That thing must have been so noisy!

Although, I also vacuumed my CPU cooler today.. Maybe that lowered the CPU fan speed a bit?

Vacuums and PCs don't go well together, just an FYI. There is decent chance to kill your PC like that. Compressed air is the way to go.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Livin' on the edge!! *cue electric guitars*

Actually, I know what I'm doing. Keep yourself grounded at all times, don't touch anything inside the computer and if you have to get close to something, put a finger between the vacuum and the item you're vacuuming to keep it safe (the suction can quickly pull the muzzle towards the item being vacuumed).

I'm no fan of compressed air, unless I'm outside and have a compressor.

Btw, while I was rebuilding my computer I noticed a really embarrassing mistake I had made when installing my Samsung 850 Pro 256GB.. The SATA3 ports are right next to the older SATA 2 ports, and they're both situated directly underneath my humongous 290X. Apparently when I installed it, I missed the SATA3 and put it in the nearby SATA2 port.. OH THE SHAME.

Weird thing is that it was still much faster than my old 120 GB Corsair. I switched it to SATA3 though and it went from fast to lightning fast:

HDtest_zpsuc5fwqim.png

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The motion of the dust when sucked by a vacuum can cause the dust to rub together and create a static discharge, it's unlikely to happen but definitely possible. That's what Sarex was trying to imply.

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU