Confused on Starting White March

Wumpa

Question

Hi,

I'm playing Pillars on Steam. Logged in today and saw the patch DL/Install.

When Expansion became available, I purchased/DL'd/Installed.

Steam shows its part of PoE downloaded content. The game's main page show the expansion circle icon in the bottom right corner (along with the original game's)

So my question is ... how do I start?

New Game: puts me at beginning (lvl 1) of Original.

Continue/Load Save at Sun in Shadow: put me at final boss fight (HOWEVER, the quest appears showing a letter from your stronghold arriving).  If I beat the final boss again, it just goes through the credits and puts me back at main menu with same options.

Am I missing something?

9 answers to this question

I am having the same issue. Expansion and patch are both installed, I've tried changing zones, resting at the inn in Dyrford, and even starting Act II, but have not received any kind of letter. In my quest log underneath "The White March" it just says something like, "You have no leads". I am using a beta 2.0 save.

EDIT: Just tried opting back into the beta to see if it fixes the problem, and am now apparently running v1.0.5.0582 PX1 -steam. Wtf. Post-1.6 saves have disappeared, obviously. I'll opt back out of the beta and upload my save here.

You have to complete the Temple of Woedica (the first main story quest in Act II) to start the expansion.

• Like 1

It is level 6 to 7 content (or scaled higher for higher level chars) that is BUILD INTO the main game so a level 1 char will start in the same place.  Its not a separate game where a new char would start in the area.  As for the high level character that has beat the game you need a save BEFORE the final boss fight.  I am pretty sure if that you go into the area where the last boss is there is no return.  If that is your only save you will have to do it on another character. 

Have gun will travel.

The same question here: how do you start the expansion? I believe you're supposed to receive a message via your stronghold, but I'm getting nothing. For me too Steam shows DLC installed and the patch is installed aswell.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue. Expansion and patch are both installed, I've tried changing zones, resting at the inn in Dyrford, and even starting Act II, but have not received any kind of letter. In my quest log underneath "The White March" it just says something like, "You have no leads". I am using a beta 2.0 save.

EDIT: Just tried opting back into the beta to see if it fixes the problem, and am now apparently running v1.0.5.0582 PX1 -steam. Wtf. Post-1.6 saves have disappeared, obviously. I'll opt back out of the beta and upload my save here.

Edited by hamskii

Ok the problem seemed to be the beta participation, when I opted out of the PoE beta, the game updated again and the expansion message now loads up.

I had already opted out of the beta and I was still having the problem :/ opting back in reverted me to an earlier version and broke the game (obviously), but I'm opting out of the beta again and we'll see if that does anything.

You have to complete the Temple of Woedica (the first main story quest in Act II) to start the expansion.

Thank you for your quick response :)