The White March - Part I Keys Now Available

I'm surprised there's no launch discount, or at least a discount for the PoE base game. You want to take advantage of the publicity you're getting now to drive sales of the original game - people can't buy the expansion alone.

Gog has till friday 33% discount. Also there, but not on the front page is "Buy Part 1 and 2 now" (called expansion pass) see here:

https://www.gog.com/games##search=pillars%20of%20eternity&sort=bestselling&page=1

I'm running into a bit of an issue with GoG. I've successfully redeemed The White March on GoG, however, the game does not update (through GoG Galaxy). Instead, I receive a "Not Authorized" error. I can directly download the files from both the website and through Galaxy, and play. However, Galaxy still says my game is not authorized and am unable to automatically download. It is as if I never purchased The White March. In fact, for some reason when I browse GoG's website, it does not register that I own The White March (I see "purchase" rather than "owned". While I do not mind manually downloading the files, I have GoG Galaxy so I do not have to. My concern is because of my "Not Authorized" status, I will be unable to receive future updates and patches.

I have tried to force the game to verify/repair, but that does not solve the issue. I have a ticket into GoG, and am waiting a reply. In the meantime, I thought I would post my issue here to make Obsidian aware of it, and in hopes maybe there is a solution. I really do not want to have to purchase The White March again (nor should I have to).  

Yup... just a notice though, only part I shows up as DLC, for Part I+II you need to go to the DLC and then buy a seperate package.

Probably very confusing and most people will overlook that. Doesn't bother me since I got a KS key :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm surprised there's no launch discount, or at least a discount for the PoE base game. You want to take advantage of the publicity you're getting now to drive sales of the original game - people can't buy the expansion alone.

There is. We are the midweek deal on Steam.

I'm running into a bit of an issue with GoG. I've successfully redeemed The White March on GoG, however, the game does not update (through GoG Galaxy). Instead, I receive a "Not Authorized" error. I can directly download the files from both the website and through Galaxy, and play. However, Galaxy still says my game is not authorized and am unable to automatically download. It is as if I never purchased The White March. In fact, for some reason when I browse GoG's website, it does not register that I own The White March (I see "purchase" rather than "owned". While I do not mind manually downloading the files, I have GoG Galaxy so I do not have to. My concern is because of my "Not Authorized" status, I will be unable to receive future updates and patches.

I have tried to force the game to verify/repair, but that does not solve the issue. I have a ticket into GoG, and am waiting a reply. In the meantime, I thought I would post my issue here to make Obsidian aware of it, and in hopes maybe there is a solution. I really do not want to have to purchase The White March again (nor should I have to).  

Unfortunately, I don't know any of the technical details or problems with Galaxy. Your best bet is to contact GOG directly to let them know. Anyone else seeing this problem?

1) How much money did you back?

2) If not above $165 did you purchase the $20 X-pack addition

3) If not 1 or 2... no, nothing is wrong... no freebies.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Just to be 100% sure that I've understood everything ok.

In the products entry for the expansion, it says:

"You will gain immediate access to Part I of The White March and, when it is released, you will automatically gain access to Part II."

That means there won't be a second key to redeem for the second part of the expansion, right?

Part II will just get added in our platform of choice to people having redeemed Part I, right?

Edited by pedroantonio

The key you use is for the

Pillars of Eternity - The White March Expansion Pass

which yes, is part I and II.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Obsidian, this is probably my first, last,  and hopefully only post.  I have a few criticisms regarding both The White March and Pillars of Eternity.  I have only Kickstarted one game, Skyshines' Bedlam.  Though I have backed;  Star Citizen, PoE, Wasteland 2, Numenera and Bards Tale 4.  In the future, as I am sure you found out today please be somewhat more explicit and detailed regarding information regarding releases, rewards, funding tiers and deadlines etc,. in a single and consistent manner.  I would point out InXile to be a moderately good case, and Skyshine to be phenominal in providing timely, accurate and detailed information in a compact form,.  Both Studios, especially Skyshine provide updates via email so one does not have to troll through Twitter, official forums and sites, gaming sites and feeds, and the feeds of coworkers to hear news of a game you backed.  I realize I may be in error and opted out of notifications, and if so I apologize.  Though in the future this may prove to help you in your continued operation.  If I would have known there was a week left to buy the expansion package ( pre-release and after backing the game Gifted1 "moderator"), I would have gladly bought it.  If I am in error, once again I apologize.  Though a central method of communication and updates would be nice.  People seem to think Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest and Redditt (sic) are used universally, they are not.  I would even go for a text message on my phone over these avenues of communication.  An email would be nice though.  Thank You for your time.  And please before any more moderators answer my question look at the games I have funded for an actual release.  Star Citizen-M50 in the hangar, Wasteland 2-waiting on GOY edition, Numenera-TBD, Bedlam-Sleeper must awaken Kickstarter reward.  PoE-Hero Edition plus 24.99 pass for the White March via steam, though it is not showing up on your Store page, I had to search for it.  Anyone else, please think before you reply to my post.  I am simply asking for a better avenue of communication between a service provider and a customer, and a customer that wants this company to continue to succeed.  

Edited by Koriolus

This is weird.

Went to get the expansion key and noticed I got both the royal edition (which I already redeemed of course) and for some reason the lower tier hero edition available to redeem o.O

I imagine you got the Retail pack with the t-shirt, if I were to guess? This would net you a Royal Edition key and an extra Hero Edition key to do with what you'd like. :)

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I hope this is not asked already but. I'm a $250 backer and redeem my game from steam. But I kinda wanna use GoG. So if I redeem the White March p1/p2, I must select steam for it to work or is the expansion bundles with vanilla (meaning it will work if I choose to redeeem from GoG)?

I hope this is not asked already but. I'm a $250 backer and redeem my game from steam. But I kinda wanna use GoG. So if I redeem the White March p1/p2, I must select steam for it to work or is the expansion bundles with vanilla (meaning it will work if I choose to redeeem from GoG)?

sipli you need the game to play the dlc, so redeem it on steam

OT: has anyone got a spare GOG key of the white march to gift/sell?

And if both 1 & 2 are true but I did not back through Kickstarter but PayPal (because I missed the campaign :()?

EDIT: I should probably also get the Obsidian Order thing sorted out, while I'm at it, fashionably late to the party ;)

Edited by marelooke

Are there any plans to release 2.0 and the expansion for the boxed physical version of PoE?  The download page only has 1.06 patch and no expansion.

We are working on the 2.00 patch for physical discs now. We are shooting to have it up next week.

As for an expansion, we are discussing how best to take care of it. It may end up as a direct download from the backer portal. We aren't sure yet.

• Like 2

And if both 1 & 2 are true but I did not back through Kickstarter but PayPal (because I missed the campaign :()?

EDIT: I should probably also get the Obsidian Order thing sorted out, while I'm at it, fashionably late to the party ;)

Hey, marelooke. I took a look at your tier. The retail version of the collector's edition (the version available after the Kickstarter) does not come with the expansion pack. You would need to purchase the expansion pack separately to play it.

I will make a post if anything change on that front in the future.

Hey, marelooke. I took a look at your tier. The retail version of the collector's edition (the version available after the Kickstarter) does not come with the expansion pack. You would need to purchase the expansion pack separately to play it.

I will make a post if anything change on that front in the future.

Ah bummer, I figured it was part of the tier since I got all the other goodies from that tier, I'd probably have added extra if I'd known in advance.

Oh well, can't be helped now, thanks for clearing it up though! :)