The White March - Part I Keys Now Available

Hello, everyone. For those of you that have the expansion pack as part of your reward tier (or an add-on) the keys for The White March are now available on the backer portal. For a refresher on how to redeem your rewards you can go here and check under the section titled "Steps to Redeem Your Items."

You will not be able to download the expansion until it is released to the public. This should happen today around 7:00 AM PDT. If you redeem your keys early (especially on GOG) you may not be able to see your expansion pack in your account. To be safe, it is best to hold off on redeeming the key until the product has been released.

• Like 4

Cant.... wait - must.... redeem the key now... Then later I can complain on the forums that there is a complication arising due to me redeeming the key early! :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Cant.... wait - must.... redeem the key now... Then later I can complain on the forums that there is a complication arising due to me redeeming the key early! :)

From the looks of it, Steam and GOG are both now live! You should be able to redeem now.

• Like 3

From the looks of it, Steam and GOG are both now live! You should be able to redeem now.

Awesome, will do, thanks.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

I rushed in and redeemed mine, then I read this 

To be safe, it is best to hold off on redeeming the key until the product has been released.

Damnit! :D

Hopefully it doesn't cause any issues. I just know that some people got confused the last time we gave people keys a bit early. Let me know if you see any wonkiness when you go to download the game.

Redeemed on Gog - and downloading - no problems.

Lord of Light

Happy to report that the expansion has been installed, and the game start menu confirms it. No problems at all. Many thanks for your great work!

Good lord your line must be quick... Going to be hours for me yet.

Lord of Light

Just a note, make sure your game is fully patched up (2.00) before you play. The expansion pack needs a fully patched game to play correctly.

Really? I was thinking the expansion contained the patch!! You should really put a notice on this (on kickstarter/Steam/GOG/wherever you're selling the game), I guess some people would make the same mistake as I did! (game isn't fully downloaded yet though, so I can still get the patch first).

Edited by Reever

Just a note, make sure your game is fully patched up (2.00) before you play. The expansion pack needs a fully patched game to play correctly.

Really? I was thinking the expansion contained the patch!! You should really put a notice on this (on kickstarter/Steam/GOG/wherever you're selling the game), I guess some people would make the same mistake as I did! (game isn't fully downloaded yet though, so I can still get the patch first).

There should be a notice on GOG's page, but I think it is a bit tiny. Steam should automatically patch you to the correct build.

• Like 1

Hey @Badler, is there any way to backtrack if you were an idiot and redeemed a Steam key with the backer portal (not activated on steam itself) because you forgot you had a GOG version of the game, not Steam?

Edited by Arkeus

Hey @Badler, is there any way to backtrack if you were an idiot and redeemed a Steam key with the backer portal (not activated on steam itself) because you forgot you had a GOG version of the game, not Steam?

Just send an email to support@obsidian.net. We can hook you up with a new GOG key and revoke your old Steam one. Just let them know what happened.

• Like 2

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the key in my products page.  What should the entry look like?

Hey, hibbtacular. I just checked your account and it looks like your tier didn't come with a copy of the expansion pack. You will need to purchase the expansion through GOG to be able to play it.

Here is a link to the page.

I'm surprised there's no launch discount, or at least a discount for the PoE base game. You want to take advantage of the publicity you're getting now to drive sales of the original game - people can't buy the expansion alone.

I'd imagine the backers would be a tad upset if the expansion was cheaper than what they paid for it. Re the base game - gog has a very nice discount at the mo.

Lord of Light