What you did today

Blarghagh

My week of hell will begin in 3 hours.

Specifically I'm transitioning between two locations, so as it stands, at the current location I work today through thursday, go home at 9 pm that night, and mon-fri I work 7-6 at the new location. When all is said and done, I added up 68 hours on this pay period.

You will be happy when your see your paycheck though.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Giving my costume a final touch and making further Halloween preparations. I've been lifting weights extra brutally hard almost every day for the past 6 weeks to gain a little extra muscle to make my costume look better, I hope the hard work pays off tomorrow. (It already pays off outside the costume because I've gotten quite a bit stronger)

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Looking to visit a friend in Bruxells, turns out I can get a ticket there for 12$ ... So flying there and back again would be around 30$.. Whereas visiting my parents, 150km from here via train would cost me over 300$

The world is weird.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Looking to visit a friend in Bruxells, turns out I can get a ticket there for 12$ ... So flying there and back again would be around 30$.. Whereas visiting my parents, 150km from here via train would cost me over 300$

The world is weird.

Sometimes, it's also cheaper for me to go by cruise ferry to Finland than to distant suburbs via commuter train. It's also faster to fly to Finland than said commuter train trip. Infamously, you get served a cup of coffee at the start of the trip which a slow drinker like myself does not have time to finish (almost a pun there) until you are forced off the plane.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Yay, Halloween, drinking, swearing, video games!

http://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

Edit: turns out this wasn't only about my favorite things including anal mist, it's for a good cause happening next Saturday for 24 hours.

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=164995

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

On my way home tonight I saw a bunch of folks in vans at the smoke stacks. Near my house is the remains of the Chicksaw Ammunition factory that was shut down after WW2. You can see the old smokestacks for miles and there are a bunch of old buildings overrun by trees. So I stopped and asked what they were doing. It was ghost hunters doing a "paranormal investigation". When I mentioned I lived near there they were asking me questions about the history if the place and if there have been any deaths out there. I laughed and said most of the time abandoned buildings are just what they seem, abandoned. I also told him if there were any ghosts there my guess it would be of ghost hunters who broke their bloody necks walking around there in the dark!

I wished them good luck all the same. I suspect the only thing they are going to see out there is mosquitos.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On my way home tonight I saw a bunch of folks in vans at the smoke stacks. Near my house is the remains of the Chicksaw Ammunition factory that was shut down after WW2. You can see the old smokestacks for miles and there are a bunch of old buildings overrun by trees. So I stopped and asked what they were doing. It was ghost hunters doing a "paranormal investigation". When I mentioned I lived near there they were asking me questions about the history if the place and if there have been any deaths out there. I laughed and said most of the time abandoned buildings are just what they seem, abandoned. I also told him if there were any ghosts there my guess it would be of ghost hunters who broke their bloody necks walking around there in the dark!

I wished them good luck all the same. I suspect the only thing they are going to see out there is mosquitos.

GD you hillbilly's are a superstitious lot ...you all believe in Ghosts and Big Foot right?   :biggrin:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I think it is arrogant to assert anything is impossible without definitive proof. But the concept of ghosts is one I have a difficult time buying. I am a religious man in my own way and I absolutely believe there is a spiritual aspect to all life. a soul if you will. But the idea that soul remains earthbound or has anything to say to the living after death is one I just don't buy.

Now as for bigfoot? If those critters were really walking around I'm 100% sure one would have been shot by hunters by now. That I do feel comfortable asserting completely bogus. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

And as cool an foreboding as the smokestacks look all off by themselves in the woods, I'm quite certain "evidence" those kids find will be a product of their imagination.

Thomas Sowell

Well, I think it is arrogant to assert anything is impossible without definitive proof. But the concept of ghosts is one I have a difficult time buying. I am a religious man in my own way and I absolutely believe there is a spiritual aspect to all life. a soul if you will. But the idea that soul remains earthbound or has anything to say to the living after death is one I just don't buy.

Now as for bigfoot? If those critters were really walking around I'm 100% sure one would have been shot by hunters by now. That I do feel comfortable asserting completely bogus.

What if the hunters are all in on it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A conspiracy? Of course!

Thomas Sowell

I am a religious man in my own way and I absolutely believe there is a spiritual aspect to all life.

Not me. I am of the mind that people are just slabs of meat and our existence is short and pointless. Nothing about us is special and life is ultimately without meaning or purpose. I think it's a pretty optimistic view of things.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I am a religious man in my own way and I absolutely believe there is a spiritual aspect to all life.

Not me. I am of the mind that people are just slabs of meat and our existence is short and pointless. Nothing about us is special and life is ultimately without meaning or purpose. I think it's a pretty optimistic view of things.

Maybe you scared to accept you are more than just flesh...maybe you are scared by what happens when you die so you have convinced yourself this is just it ....it could be an excuse?

Lets talk about it ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am of the mind that people are just slabs of meat and our existence is short and pointless. Nothing about us is special and life is ultimately without meaning or purpose. 

Maybe, probably, but, once in awhile, that moment she touches your arm and looks you in the eye ... seems to be a meaning in there somewhere. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I am of the mind that people are just slabs of meat and our existence is short and pointless. Nothing about us is special and life is ultimately without meaning or purpose. 

Maybe, probably, but, once in awhile, that moment she touches your arm and looks you in the eye ... seems to be a meaning in there somewhere. 

I like you, you so witty....you should join our political debates...I feel you are wasting this talent by not partaking in our debates  :geek:

John Milton 

Maybe you scared to accept you are more than just flesh...maybe you are scared by what happens when you die so you have convinced yourself this is just it ....it could be an excuse?

An excuse for what?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

An excuse for what?

Good now you opening up, lets continue with this train of thought

So for some people the thought of not knowing what happens at death is unbearable....so they just say " this body is all I have and there is no soul\spirit\energy" ...you see this way they dont have to worry. You may not even know you are doing this because of the fear, it could be subconscious? Think about  it before saying " no "   :)

John Milton 

An excuse for what?

So for some people the thought of not knowing what happens at death is unbearable....so they just say " this body is all I have and there is no soul\spirit\energy" ...you see this way they dont have to worry. You may not even know you are doing this because of the fear, it could be subconscious? Think about  it before saying " no "    :)

I think you got that backwards, Bruce. I suspect it's the religious who are petrified of what comes after death. I made peace with it long ago. 

EDIT: Here's a neat question: What religion would you like to be true?

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

An excuse for what?

So for some people the thought of not knowing what happens at death is unbearable....so they just say " this body is all I have and there is no soul\spirit\energy" ...you see this way they dont have to worry. You may not even know you are doing this because of the fear, it could be subconscious? Think about  it before saying " no "    :)

I think you got that backwards, Bruce. I suspect it's the religious who are petrified of what comes after death. I made peace with it long ago. 

Good question, I'm not religious by the way. I suppose you would call me an agnostic..or rather someone who believes there is no proof of any supreme being but I also understand and respect the fact that many people believe in religion and I would never mock or dismiss it

Now your question....its tricky by the way because if any religion is now real that would mean actually having to obey certain scriptures or holy text so I have to think of one that makes the less impact...

I like the idea of reincarnation and having to learn certain fundamental lessons on this earth until I move on :)

John Milton 

Buddhism.

Why? You seem very sure?

John Milton 

Ah, the self assurance of youth.  :p

• Like 1

Well, I can tell you one thing that is absolutely true about God. Whether you believe in Him or not at some point in your life, even if it is at the end of it, you will find out for certain.

Thomas Sowell

I haven't attended church in many years and I don't account myself a member of any particular Christian denomination. IMO it's like ice cream. Different flavors but still ice cream. So I'm going to side step Namutree's question a little bit and answer it this way:

Many years back I read a nice little novel called The Five People You Meet in Heaven. A repairman at an amusement park dies feeling that he has wasted his life. After he dies and arrives in heaven he meets five people who he interacted with in some way during his life. Those five people explain his entire life to him, why the things happened that did, why he ended up where he was, and he realizes his life wasn't wasted at all. He learns that he played a small part in a grand design and everything he did had meaning.  

I'd like something like that to be true. I'd like God to explain to me what this was all about. If I was put here for a purpose what was it? If there was a lesson to be learned, did I learn it? My father always believed there is a grand plan for everyone and everything. I've used to think creation is an immaculately engineered perpetual motion machine. God built the machine and set it into motion then stepped back to let it take what course it will. Now I don't think either is completely true.

I have no doubt I will meet God someday. I'm 44 years old now. Still a lot of life to go but it's also probably true there are fewer days before me than behind me. I always wonder what I will ask God when I meet Him. Perhaps I should wonder what God will ask me. If He asks my what I did with the life He gave me, how will I answer? I've tried to be honest in all my dealings, but I know I haven't always been. I've tried to be courteous when I didn't have to be and generous when I couldn't afford to be. But I know I've come up short there at times. I believe God will judge us on our actions but I have often wondered if He will also judge me for the good I could have done and didn't. Or the evil things I could have stopped and ignored.  

Sorry, I guess I rambled on a little bit. It's funny we're discussing this now. It's something that has been on my mind lately.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Heard Linkin Park while reading this.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra