What you did today

Blarghagh

I'm flooded in and have no alcohol.

Kind of like "The Shining" only with water instead of snow.

Let's hope it ends better! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm flooded in and have no alcohol.

Kind of like "The Shining" only with water instead of snow.

Let's hope it ends better! :lol:

Found some chocolate stout so I think I'll be ok.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I drove to New York to pick my parents up from the airport.  After dropping them off at their house, I nearly had a close encounter of the deer kind.  Had it not been for some good reflexes on my part, I'd have significant damage to my car and there would be an obliterated Bambi right now.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I ordered a TV yesterday. It will be here tomorrow, just in time for Game 1 of the World Series.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I ordered a TV yesterday. It will be here tomorrow, just in time for Game 1 of the World Series.

The missus won't like that.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Somehow I don't think that will be a problem.

Thomas Sowell

Oh, well now I feel like an ****. Condolences or congratulations?

Don't sweat it. I'm not sitting around dwelling on things that can't be changed.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Compression or not, still one hell of a view! =)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thanks! Yeah, watching the city at night from a high vantage point is pretty awesome. Would make a nice place for a romantic date I think.   :)

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thanks! Yeah, watching the city at night from a high vantage point is pretty awesome. Would make a nice place for a romantic date I think.   :)

You are totally seeing your hair stylist outside of work.  8)

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

You are totally seeing your hair stylist outside of work.  8)

I think you're watching too many romantic comedies.  :biggrin:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Realized what a death trap this office floor would be under any assault, elevators and both stairwells are in line of sight of each other. Would be a poor R6 map, for sure.

Team at work has managed to not be here, one sick, one has to "take care of kids" and the other is celebrating his wedding or some crap, but it is deathly slow so can take time to read UNIX stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because most likely he is just taking a day off without actually burning a day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, naturally, but if they are at daycare or school while you are at home... :p

• Like 1

My week of hell will begin in 3 hours.

Specifically I'm transitioning between two locations, so as it stands, at the current location I work today through thursday, go home at 9 pm that night, and mon-fri I work 7-6 at the new location. When all is said and done, I added up 68 hours on this pay period.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If you have kids, there is no such thing as a "day off"   :no:

There's just days when you expect your unmarried colleagues to do the work you're paid to do for you.

This totally did not happen to me yesterday and I'm totally not pissed off that people claiming to be "really busy" split the office two hours before I do. :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The lesson is clear, have kids of your own. Or just invent them, outside of work reality to your boss is what you tell them :lol:

Then again, maybe that line of thinking is sociopathic.

today, I'm moving from an unafforable apartment in NYC to a different unafforable apartment in NYC!

hoooooooooray (second) most expensive real estate in the world! 

Between cost of living and cost of tuition I don't know how you're doing it. 

Thomas Sowell