What you did today

Blarghagh

I've been going through a bad time personally lately. I'm sitting here looking at maps of the US wishing I could just jump in the truck with the dogs and go. Not a good time though. But I think I am going to buy a camper for the back of my pick up truck.

*awkward manhug*
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thank you Gents but I'm cool really. That's the way it goes, things happen and you do what must be done to deal with them and move on. After all the sun will always rise tomorrow.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, you're on a date with a beautiful, intelligent woman, some of your friends pass by and have the good sense to stay away.

Next morning, have the message "So, who was the redhead with the huge ****?"

:/

• Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I got my Halloween mask and the plastic meat hooks & chain. Now I only need my apron and the fake blood and my costume is complete. 

Of course I had to try it on immediately, it fits me oddly well. 

halloween%20woldan_zpsylgzo4tz.jpg

• Like 4

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

My kid broke the TV because he didn't like the song his sister was dancing to in Just Dance. Since I won't have money to replace it until my 3 check month in December, he just gave up all his christmas presents to buy a new TV.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

snip

Maybe it's just because it's a relatively low quality image, but that actually looks pretty terrifying, :p.

My kid broke the TV because he didn't like the song his sister was dancing to in Just Dance. Since I won't have money to replace it until my 3 check month in December, he just gave up all his christmas presents to buy a new TV.

659ac84e8e.jpg

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tempted to ask higher ups if they are actually serious about hiring people are just jerking it for no reason, apparently this is a bad idea according to family. Right now, avoiding all local media as well, Blue Jays winning mean loud scumbags everywhere.

Also have to put an edge on the garden, tomorrow even though it'll be pretty damn cold and I lack warm gloves that offer fine handling and have really bad circulation in the fingers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I got my Halloween mask and the plastic meat hooks & chain. Now I only need my apron and the fake blood and my costume is complete. 

Of course I had to try it on immediately, it fits me oddly well. 

halloween%20woldan_zpsylgzo4tz.jpg

That is terrifying.  I may not sleep tonight.

• Like 1

I've been going through a bad time personally lately. I'm sitting here looking at maps of the US wishing I could just jump in the truck with the dogs and go. Not a good time though. But I think I am going to buy a camper for the back of my pick up truck. 

we drowned.  not today, but when we were young.  were a frozen lake and we fell through while playing hockey.  just one o' those things.  lake had been frozen solid for more than a month, but the patch we fell through were rotten.  we got pulled out and resuscitated, but not before we stopped breathing.  we drowned. may have already described the experience before on these boards... am not certain.  ain't important at the moment.  the reason we bring up is that we were terrified and absolutely nothing we did while trapped under the ice did any good.  felt utterly helpless. were ten years old when we drowned and since that time we has had dozens o' moments in life that were just as terrible and frightening, but not nearly so dramatic.  

family crisis. business crisis. personal crisis.  unlike most movies and tv shows, real life problems ain't always fixable.  fall through the ice and get trapped and just kinda feel self drown. in real life, the folks who might be there to save us, who is s'posed to save us, is often just part o' the ice.  only genuine escape woulda' been to make different choices five, ten or even twenty years in the past and that ain't possible, is it?

so, you drown.  probable takes three minutes or less to drown in water.  drown in marriage or problem with kids or job can last a whole lot longer than three minutes. spend days and weeks and months feel like drowning.

got no idea what you are going through and it ain't none o' our business.  even if you told us, we wouldn't pretend to to know how you feel.  we ain't got no great insights, that is for damn sure. that being said, let us know if you need a hand.  

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thank you Grom! In my situation I have two choices, both unpleasant. But I'm not one for waffling and waiting wouldn't have made either more appealing so I made the choice and I'm dealing with what comes next.  I don't have to like it, just have to do it. But I'm not above griping about it! :lol:

• Like 8

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thank you Grom! In my situation I have two choices, both unpleasant. But I'm not one for waffling and waiting wouldn't have made either more appealing so I made the choice and I'm dealing with what comes next.  I don't have to like it, just have to do it. But I'm not above griping about it! laughing.gif

So, choosing Time Warner over Comcast ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sooo.... Applied and got an inter-office transfer that raises my hourly to 12 (from 11.25 woo...) but has better overall potential because It's "manager in training" rather than "Customer service".

The other thing I'm considering is I noticed a "temp" position with Bioware austin in their story department. Considering putting something together to give them set either in Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Arsenal beat Bayern Munich. Never expected that and one goal was a handball

Edited by Malcador

Best pal since grade-school took me out for pre-b-day lunch at Craft Burger in Carlsbad Village. Surprised me with a Nixon timepiece themed as an Imperial TIE pilot ... all-black, with a tiered red-digital fighter-dash display, engraved underneath with the image of a helmet and the words "Crash and Burn." I'm digging it, the bezel looks like the gear logo of the Empire.

http://www.nixon.com/us/en/about 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

First fitting for my new winter suit today, and a very pleasant surprise, my tailor has installed a bar and a rather photogenic young barmaid. Returned to the office with a little buzz to speed the afternoon on its way. Quite pleasant indeed.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

First fitting for my new winter suit today, and a very pleasant surprise, my tailor has installed a bar and a rather photogenic young barmaid. Returned to the office with a little buzz to speed the afternoon on its way. Quite pleasant indeed.

Now that's got Men's Wearhouse beat coming & going.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Best pal since grade-school took me out for pre-b-day lunch at Craft Burger in Carlsbad Village. Surprised me with a Nixon timepiece themed as an Imperial TIE pilot ... all-black, with a tiered red-digital fighter-dash display, engraved underneath with the image of a helmet and the words "Crash and Burn." I'm digging it, the bezel looks like the gear logo of the Empire.

http://www.nixon.com/us/en/about 

And......you know the rule?  What burger or meal did you have, do share the details  :geek:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And......you know the rule?  What burger or meal did you have, do share the details  :geek:

Heh, you're right. My new nerd watch made me forget etiquette. 

I had the lunch special, standard fare, but the taste was superb. Matched by a Ballast Point Grunion Pale Ale draft ... only one, since, you know, it was noon. 

http://www.craftburgerco.com/about-us.html

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I work just like yesterday and the day before.

Welcome to the forum...we love new members

Remember to always support SJ causes and remember the West is your friend and Capitalism is not all bad  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Heh, you're right. My new nerd watch made me forget etiquette. 

I had the lunch special, standard fare, but the taste was superb. Matched by a Ballast Point Grunion Pale Ale draft ... only one, since, you know, it was noon. 

http://www.craftburgerco.com/about-us.html

Nice, a relatively small selection but  some yummy choices

I like the idea of the "chef's seasonal burger creation" ...that looks very interesting  :yes:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I've been trying to figure out a reasonably priced little getaway for the wife and me over the holidays, when I stumbled upon a 3-star michelin rated restaurant in our area.  Most of them tend to be in the city, so that was a nice surprise.  Then I looked at the menu, it is $210 each, and it would be another $180 each if we want the wine pairing.  Holy moly!

I've been trying to figure out a reasonably priced little getaway for the wife and me over the holidays, when I stumbled upon a 3-star michelin rated restaurant in our area. Most of them tend to be in the city, so that was a nice surprise. Then I looked at the menu, it is $210 each, and it would be another $180 each if we want the wine pairing. Holy moly!

That's not in Yountville is it?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle