What you did today

Blarghagh

I wont "camp" anywhere that doesnt offer a dedicated crapper. It can be a real bathroom or even a port-a-potty but a crapper is a bare minimum requirement. I also dont like sleeping on the ground on rocks and twigs because Im old and soft. Basically I need a cabin or Hurlshot's RV.

:sighs: Gringos

I started sleeping on the hardwood floor about a year ago to combat a back problem. It helped me straighten out and lay flat on my back throughout. Now I can could sleep on the sidewalk if I had to. When I see a wagrant lying on a cardboard bedding I'm like, 'luxury'.

You know, light aerobics and fish oil can help with that problem...the back problem not the sleeping on the streets.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So...quarter units are different than semester units, which means I have 59 credits when I need 60 to get all the way over on my salary schedule.  It's easy to take another class or two, but that may mean another year at a considerably lower salary because of the window to submit this stuff.  

:(

Yeah AFAIK Semester Credit hour = 2/3 Quarter Credit Hour.

So  5 quarter credit hour class is equivilent to 3.33 semester credits

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think my furnace is possessed. Or haunted.

My cats sit in front of it for several hours each day, doing nothing but staring at it. Most of the times they look extremely curious but sometimes frightened.

I have thoroughly checked that thing and there is absolutely nothing in there but burned coal remains and dust from last winter. No mice and no signs of any animals, no spiders, no insects, nothing.  :blink:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Our cat gets those weird moods sometimes. He'll just be absolutely mega-focused on... nothing that the human eye can see. And during this time, if you make a sudden move or something, he'll jump like his entire body was made of springs.

Very weird and most amusing.

Anyways, our white shepard puppy is almost 3 months old (we've had him for almost a month). Puppy life is hard but fun and occasionally rewarding as well. My biggest problem personally is probably that he'll pick up, and often eat, *everything* he finds. This makes taking walks rather... frustrating at times. It's also left me with a newly ignited hatred for people who don't pick up their dog's poo.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Went over to a place that keeps horses and picked up a bunch of horse-crap for the garden.
Hopefully it makes the beds look great because our car stinks now.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Yeah, dogs are nasty like that.

@Woldan: Hold up, you have a coal burning furnace at your place? Like you have to go shovel coal into it every so often? How long will one "fill up" burn for?

Yeah. Depending on the oxygen intake setting it can last up to 6 hours or so with one load, and its super warm. I sleep 6-7 hours so I don't have to wake up to refill it. If I use wood I have to refill it every 1.5-2 hours or so and I have to do lots of hauling, not to mention the firewood takes up a lot of space. Last winter I used wood only and my whole garage was filled up to the ceiling. 

The coal is FAR more efficient. 

Edited by Woldan

Completed a five-week solo project in San Marcos, seven days a week and three Advil a day during the final stretch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn8XFiAwLkM

What exactly did you do? It sounds interesting

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Building a new LEGO race car model, approx 1000 parts, just for fun.

Had to invent my own steering geometry that allows steering with very narrow tight fitting wheel arches, a notorious problem when building LEGO vehicles.

I solved the problem with tilting steering knuckles. So the wheels tilt when they turn which requires much less space than regular steering. The hard part was getting all the angles right and keeping it all small and compact.

/Nerd

Keep in mind the model is still a veeeery early alpha.

lenkung6_zpsbrbwows4.jpg

lenkung5_zpsuv4n8a7t.jpg

lenkung7_zpsqlazii0r.jpg

• Like 2

So, I'm pretty much finished with designing my 1970 can-am race car LEGO model. My collection is growing!

Now the fun begins, ordering 900 parts brick by brick from various online sources..  :wowey: 

can-am%20LEGO%201_zpsykxjcffq.jpg

can-am%20LEGO%202_zpshco5wrzf.jpg

can-am%20LEGO%203_zpsait0ng5y.jpg

Edited by Woldan

Going to start my new job tomorrow, really looking forward to three to four hours of bus and trainrides that I'm going to have to take to get to and from work. On days when there's forced overtime (Wich is 99% guaranteed around christmas) I'm also going to have to walk from the train station home. A five mile hike at night in winter is going to wear at me pretty badly after hauling boxes for five hours.

I hope I can manage to get a drivers licence during these coming months, or I'm going to have to quit. When the travel time is as bad as it is, I'm not going to be able to accept more working hours either.

I was hoping on getting a full job at my former employer, but there was risk that there would'nt be one available, though I have a feeling I'm going to regret this choice more.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wow, if you work 9 hours / day and add 4 hours of train / bus you're really cutting deep into your life. And if work is so far away it must pay really well because if you consider getting there by car the gas will add up big time. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Woldan

Wow, if you work 9 hours / day and add 4 hours of train / bus you're really cutting deep into your life. And if work is so far away it must pay really well because if you consider getting there by car the gas will add up big time. 

Good luck! 

Paying for petrol will be more expensive, but I can get tax deduction because of the distance and that money will be worth it, since I will cut my travel time down to 90 minutes a day. And no 5 mile hike ;)

The work hours are variable, because of said overtime. But it's a minimum of 5 hours a day, up to 8 hours iirc. The pay is ~2200€ a month, if I work 40h/week.

At my previous employer I earned roughly 200 euros a month working 2.6h/week, but the hours are limited between 0200am and 0600am, wich usually means that you work 2-4 hours a night. Ends up at about 1300€, but alot of free time. Now I'm going to be working on the afternoon until night time - so bye, bye social life.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

First day done, I actually survived, though my back feels strained and hurts a bit but I thought I'd be completely dead. :)