What you did today

Blarghagh

Yeah, sounds about right. I should proooobably work on that... :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Today I'm doing nothing until my gf gets off work, then I will meet her parents and get them to hate me.

:ninja:

And here I thought you were riding with Immortan Joe on the highways of Valhalla, forever shiny and chrome.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So, some guy in a funny hat is coming to town tomorrow, and the whole city is losing their **** over it.  I'm willing to risk tomorrow, as Señor Preachy isn't scheduled to arrive until 4PM or so, but it looks like I'll be home Wednesday and Thursday.  Unfortunately, the tyke's daycare being in my office building means that I'll be spending my time off chasing an 18-month-old around, rather than working from home or relaxing.  It sucks to be burning through my leave time balances for something like this, but it's worthwhile if I can avoid any chance of being stuck in a 2-hour commute with the youngin' in the car.

(Aside: pope.dc.gov is probably the greatest government url I've ever seen.) 

Another upshot of living in the sticks. No one ever comes to screw up traffic! Well, it's not like DC is an easy commute on non-Pope days.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, some guy in a funny hat is coming to town tomorrow, and the whole city is losing their **** over it.  I'm willing to risk tomorrow, as Señor Preachy isn't scheduled to arrive until 4PM or so, but it looks like I'll be home Wednesday and Thursday.  Unfortunately, the tyke's daycare being in my office building means that I'll be spending my time off chasing an 18-month-old around, rather than working from home or relaxing.  It sucks to be burning through my leave time balances for something like this, but it's worthwhile if I can avoid any chance of being stuck in a 2-hour commute with the youngin' in the car.

(Aside: pope.dc.gov is probably the greatest government url I've ever seen.) 

Another upshot of living in the sticks. No one ever comes to screw up traffic! Well, it's not like DC is an easy commute on non-Pope days.

It can be entertaining on some days.  I sometimes drive by the Vatican embassy (where he'll be staying), and in the evening rush hour, there is often an older gentleman holding a giant "VATICAN HIDES PEDOPHILES" sign.  I once saw him getting off the bus at a nearby stop with his sign, which was extra entertaining because a group of nuns got off at the same stop.  I wonder how that guy is handling the visit from His Holiness... 

Still, I'll take "it might just take 2 hours to get where you want to go" over "it's always at least 2 hours from anywhere you want to go." 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

That reminds me, Walshingham said hi GD, talked to him to other day and said he kinda misses you heh (and all you other rascalls)

Also buying buying buying stuff

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm shocked people still buy physical newspapers!

No popup ads, quick load times and you can be pretty sure if the newspaper is on the lawn in the morning, the world didn't end in a zombie apocalypse over night.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No popup ads, quick load times and you can be pretty sure if the newspaper is on the lawn in the morning, the world didn't end in a zombie apocalypse over night.

Its all about convenience. You can get all the same information from a phone/tablet/PC without ever getting off the couch. The same reason I don't have a telephone line in my house, because my cell phone is never more than a few feet away. laughing.gif

Yes, but if your phone/tablet/PC is on the lawn in the morning, you can't be sure the zombie apocalypse didn't start overnight.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Everything Amentep said plus I find my phone and tablet make a poor charcoal fire starter. And you can only use them once.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That reminds me, Walshingham said hi GD, talked to him to other day and said he kinda misses you heh (and all you other rascalls)

Also buying buying buying stuff

Thanks Ros. Tell him I said "hey" and tell him to come see us once in a while!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

That's funny. I've gotten a "your password was reset" email from twitter like a half-dozen times over the past two years or so. I've never even used it (honestly, I don't even remember signing up, but I guess I could've for some reason or another), so presumably it was hacked or something, but whoever hacked it hasn't actually done anything with it or anything, so I really just don't give a crap. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Weights and a target with a respectable group on it. Now THATS a manly picture! The only thing missing is a bottle of good booze. :lol:

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

Getting closer to finalize my "exit plans" for Germany, having decided on a start date in my new job, giving me a definite goal for when I have to be in the UK.

In the process of packing... sheesh you gather a lot of stuff over time and I thought I tossed out a lot when moving from Australia ;)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Getting closer to finalize my "exit plans" for Germany, having decided on a start date in my new job, giving me a definite goal for when I have to be in the UK.

In the process of packing... sheesh you gather a lot of stuff over time and I thought I tossed out a lot when moving from Australia ;)

Gorth what do you do for a living again?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I hope Wals is taking such a long break because he is busy becoming a competitive powerlifter.

I believe Wals is hunting down oby who is planning to start the apocalypse.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oby has been less active of late as well, too. This can only mean one thing.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:lol:

No chance ....Wals really use to dislike Oby, he had this almost unreasonable dislike of him. I can't believe people use to get so annoyed by Oby  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Argued with a too-clever-for-their-own-good broker about some clear wordings. Meh.

HOLY CRAP the mailman just brought me my log bar! I'm going to do tons of standing shoulder presses and push presses today! Yipeeeee! :w00t:

logbar_zpscbbtkzub.jpg

Your mailman must be seriously ripped, if he carries that along with the other mail.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:lol:

No chance ....Wals really use to dislike Oby, he had this almost unreasonable dislike of him. I can't believe people use to get so annoyed by Oby  :biggrin:

Maybe Wals was a schizophrenic who is now locked in a RL battle between his personalities.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Your mailman must be seriously ripped, if he carries that along with the other mail.

You should see him deliver cast lead muzzle loader bullets - a box the size of a car battery that weighs 40 kilograms.  :grin:  

Despite having an off day I gave the log bar a try, 5 repetitions 97 kilograms / 215lbs strict shoulder presses. This. Is. FUN:w00t:

logbarskl_zps9jfg3zlw.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.