What you did today

Blarghagh

I'm sure Waldon would've loved that, Guard Dog. :( I remember when Waldo first started posting here just like it was yesterday...I didn't read what he actually said, but I remember him posting something. Ah, Maldo, how I'll miss you... ;(

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm still alive.....I think!

Hey I know what foxes sound like, I have lived here for 6 years now and know flora and fauna like the back of my hand. I especially love it when the deer mating season begins, it sounds like groups of old drunks farting and burping all night long. Wonderful. 
Thats why the sounds totally startled me last night, they sounded completely different from anything I've ever heard, and the nosies were LOUD. 

I did find some stuff knocked over in my garden so it was not my imagination, but no tracks and nothing that could give away the species of the nightly marauder.
Next time something like that happens I'll immediately run outside to identify that intruder. Whats the worst that could happen, getting eaten alive? HAH! alienani.gif

Though whenever I go outside to check out a noise I feel like this:

An epitaph for Woldan:

Strong as a bull
With the courage of 10 men
Went out to check a noise
Was never heard from again

laughing.gif

grin.gif

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Bah. I was totally expecting you to have challenged a werewolf to an all-night log lifting and chili chugging contest.

soniamdisappoint.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm still alive.....I think!

Hey I know what foxes sound like, I have lived here for 6 years now and know flora and fauna like the back of my hand.

I've lived in rural areas for 14 years and met several hunters and locals who knew very little about nature around them. So it was not so much aimed at you, as much as people in general.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Bleh, my rent is being raised by $250 a month.  Not too bad considering it has been the same since we moved in over 3 years ago, but still a bummer.  I think I'm still about 2-3 years away from having enough to try and buy, and the extra cost won't help that.  

I hope the housing market gets back to normal soon, it is crazy in the Bay Area right now.

For the fun ending to my weekend, I went online to check my bank stuff and deal with monthly bills.. and found out that despite being repeatedly told that I would get 8 weeks of the Carers Allowance paid following the death of the person I cared for (thus giving me some time to reorganise my life) in fact they stopped paying it the moment I told them my mother had died. So I have three weeks of missing funds.

So I'm foreseeing the joys of starting my week tomorrow with government bureaucracy and phone calls....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm planning my summer trip, and I'm planing on going to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore.  Given my route, I'm thinking about swinging through Colorado on the way home.  I am not sure whether to stay in Fort Collins, Boulder, near Denver, or something on West 70.  Obviously I'd like to try a good brewery or two.  I'm leaning towards Fort Collins for Equinox and New Belgium.

• Like 1

I think the New Belgium story is interesting since it's a decent size company that's 100% employee owned. The whole area is so packed with places that you won't be starved for choice.

EDIT- There is also a small amusement/water park right outside of downtown Denver if your kids are into that kind of thing. Also, next to that is children's museum and a smallish aquarium.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I found a copy of an album of a favorite artist of mine that was released many years ago (and only by CDr mail order...consequently, it's not available anywhere in any quality on the internet) by using the Wayback Machine and finding the original label that it was released on's website, going to when they were shutting down and giving out copies of their albums for free. Literally the only download link that worked / that the Wayback Machine archived was the exact album I was looking for. I felt like a wizard after the download completed.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I watched a bunch of Bob Ross episodes last night. 

There is nothing on TV I enjoy more than watching him paint, its one of the few things that calms me down and its absolutely fascinating to watch him make a world class painting in half an hour, plus he was a genuinely good funny guy.

Some of his techniques are mind boggling, especially reflections, clouds and luminescent waves. 

I'm planning on buying the whole Bob Ross DVD series and start painting as a new hobby.  :w00t:

I'm picking at the leftover from dinner and talking to you fine folks. With nothing better to do today I think I'll see if there are any new interesting Skyrim mods and start a new game. It's been a long time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bob Ross is an excellent sleeping aid. I can't believe he was a drill sergeant in the military.

Funny how different people can be, a Bob Ross episode has me on the edge of the seat, in a calm way. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I'm not saying he's boring. But if you're not watching the screen or listening to the words, but instead just the tones of his voice, it's very relaxing and calming and easy to fall asleep to.

Anyway, one of my cats fell off a closet right unto a nearby radiator last week and has been limping ever since (vet said nothing was broken but did give her some painkillers because she was in a lot of pain). Apparently I have sympathy pains, because last night I had a leg cramp so bad that I've been limping right along with her since. :p

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Was to a wedding on Saturday. I haven't completely recovered yet.

Drinking and dancing takes it toll. It used to be much easier some years ago. That meant that I have been working or playing games since. I actually just beat my 41st game of the year. only 11 more to go.

• Like 1

I bought me an exercise shirt for cycling and lifting on cold days.

sportsshirt_zpspniphwfg.jpg

I like bright colors, that looks bright   8)  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like bright colors, that looks bright   cool.png

It does not come even close to my exercise top, its so bright people complain when I wear it (no joke). 

I only have a pic of it where I did a triceps pose (to prove something to someone, don't judge me), the photo does not do it justice but you get an idea about the color intensity:

powerliftwold_zpsfbricim92_zps1d8x0cvd.j

I haven't worn bright colors since I was a child - orange and yellow are my two least favorite colors. Earth tones (brown, black, dark green, I guess tan sort of, and various in between) and dark red and violet (violet being my favorite color and all) are the only colors I'll wear. :p

My running shirts are nice and bright.  It's really more self preservation than style.

I am regretting going into work.  One side of my mouth is killing me.  I feel like something is trapped back there but I don't want to mess with it because of the stitches.

Today I heard the greatest song ever written. Now it's time for you to hear it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5o8xwMq7o

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Beer ain't sold in heaven?! Okay that really puts a damper on being a good person. I believe I'll have me a beer. 

That shirt, the exercise top is brighter than I expected legally available in Austria. Still, I know of something brighter ...  8)

daisybright_zpsulh5nzaf.png

Daisy Ridley, The Force Awakens

All Stop. On Screen.

I agreed to dog sit for my sister.

What I ended up with was an overlarge, rambunctious german shepard that decided to whine, paw me, and do the jiggy-jiggy dance to go out in the garden roughly every 30-40 minutes through the night. And of course he actually needed to pee every time, so it's not like I could easily ignore him from then on.

Of course, that had me somewhat stumble-minded in the morning, so I put the kettle on for a cup of tea, decided to nuke a croissant, went to the toilet..and came back to find I'd put the croissant in for 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds..and I'd grabbed one of the plates with the metal rim to put it on.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I agreed to dog sit for my sister.

What I ended up with was an overlarge, rambunctious german shepard that decided to whine, paw me, and do the jiggy-jiggy dance to go out in the garden roughly every 30-40 minutes through the night. And of course he actually needed to pee every time, so it's not like I could easily ignore him from then on.

Of course, that had me somewhat stumble-minded in the morning, so I put the kettle on for a cup of tea, decided to nuke a croissant, went to the toilet..and came back to find I'd put the croissant in for 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds..and I'd grabbed one of the plates with the metal rim to put it on.....

You have my sympathies, I have had the same problem with dogsitting.

Did your plate/microwave survive that ordeal? I know my friends microwave went bust after nuking a CD.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken