Road to the White House 2016

Blarghagh

Dunno about that one TN. To tell the truth with the possible exception of Rand Paul the whole lot of them make me want to buy more guns, gold, ammo, and non-perishable food!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Dunno about that one TN. To tell the truth with the possible exception of Rand Paul the whole lot of them make me want to buy more guns, gold, ammo, and non-perishable food!

You should probably be doing that anyways.

Since this is broadly "the politics thread" I'll post this article I was sent today.

The Rise of the Post-New Left Political Vocabulary

Given many share my general disdain for identity politics I figured it could be of interest.

Interesting read. I sometimes wonder if the rise of identity politics was a deliberate attempt at destroying opposition groups. It seems remarkably effective at shifting class consciousness to other areas and splintering groups with similar interests.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Welp, David Duke just gave Trump his endorsement:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/politics/david-duke-donald-trump-immigration/

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Welp, David Duke just gave Trump his endorsement:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/politics/david-duke-donald-trump-immigration/

I thought Duke left all that racism behind, why do the media want to bring that back up?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Nah, I think he still hates Jews. Probably others too just not as much but he still seems to talk about Jews a lot. Even the article says he doesn't give Trump his endorsement because of his "deep Jewish connections" but thinks he's the best of the lot.

Free games updated 3/4/21

David Duke's view of the Jews sounds about the same as every man on the street in the middle east. We better bomb that racism away from them; that will work, since they simply do not know better about God's chosen people. We should also publicly dismiss people through guilt by association, since people like that, and if they do, it has to be the right thing to do.

But really, i have little info on that guy. Never heard about him before.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In other news that should surprise nobody, Trump is 'arrogant', Hillary is a 'liar' and Jeb is a 'Bush', says poll

Per the poll:

Donald Trump leads the crowded Republican pack with 28 percent, up from 20 percent in a July 30 national survey by the independent Quinnipiac University. This is the highest tally and widest margin for any Republican so far in this election. Ben Carson has 12 percent, with 7 percent each for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida. No other Republican tops 6 percent and 11 percent are undecided.

Clinton leads the Democratic field with 45 percent, down from 55 percent July 30, with U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont at 22 percent and Biden at 18 percent. No other candidate tops 1 percent with 11 percent undecided. This is Sanders’ highest tally and closest margin.

Additionally, Trump and Clinton suffer from being deemed most dishonest. The poll surveyed 1,563 people across the country.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Trump's insult game really was pretty weak there...other candidates really seem to be his forte, not normal (...relatively) people.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So...I really hope this is a staffer or some underling.  If Trump is really wasting time getting into twitter wars...ok, I guess we can just add it to the list of crazy crap about him.

How could you even think that isn't Trump???

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

This quiz was easier than I thought it would be but I've watched those movies more times than I'd care to put a number on 

Who said it: Ron Burgundy or Donald Trump

I got five right.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

13/16. Not too bad, given I don't really know who Ron Burgundy is besides some sort of TV/movie character, and I've never heard any of these quotes by either of them and was just going what I felt was a little *too* ridiculous and/or off agenda for Trump...which failed me three times, but out of sixteen times, again, not bad. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I think one of the reasons that Trump gets popularity is just because he's got an identity. People know who he is, on a wide scale...

Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul etc are all to careful politicians to let themselves get to far from the party base (ok not paul per se... but he's still enough of a politician to not try and upset the base at this point). Trump is the guy who sticks his name to everything and revels in his brand. He's not afraid to speak his mind so people feel like they know more what they're getting with Trump over any other political that might be placed in charge.

On the other side of the ring, you've got Sanders and Clinton... who's entire political strategy seems to be "You be over there, I'll be over here, and when the time comes we'll see who's got more backers" without firing shots at each other. The problem for Sanders is that he's on the democratic ticket as an independant... while Hillary's entire backing is the base of the party. I'm sure Sanders could take an election of him vs hillary in the General, but in a primary? I doubt it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ha, I would love to see Trump as US president, so much fun! :)

I like how it is showing that even if you are kind of douchbag at least you can still find people who like honest talk than that politically correct jiberish every other politician have to use

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Ha, I would love to see Trump as US president, so much fun! :)

I like how it is showing that even if you are kind of douchbag at least you can still find people who like honest talk than that politically correct jiberish every other politician have to use

Do you not think it is possible for a presidential candidate to have a honest debate without offending people ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Offending people" is completely subjective and serves no purpose outside of those who wish to control what offensive means to them. Basically, it is the tool of the tyrant that controls speech and manufactures context.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Offending people" is completely subjective and serves no purpose outside of those who wish to control what offensive means to them. Basically, it is the tool of the tyrant that controls speech and manufactures context.

Interesting, so you don't think his comment about...lets say the Mexican community are offensive?

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/66043/20150714/rupert-murdoch-slams-donald-trumps-remarks-about-mexican-immigrants.htm

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/65207/20150626/latin-celebrities-responds-to-donald-trumps-hateful-comments-about-mexican-immigrants.htm

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting, so you don't think his comment about...lets say the Mexican community are offensive?

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/66043/20150714/rupert-murdoch-slams-donald-trumps-remarks-about-mexican-immigrants.htm

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/65207/20150626/latin-celebrities-responds-to-donald-trumps-hateful-comments-about-mexican-immigrants.htm

It's like you didn't understand my point at all.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Uh, you can a bit of decorum without being a tyrant.

Edited by Hurlshot