Paladin modals stack, not fighters?

fibes88

Question

-- Zealous Endurance and Cautious Attack can be active simultaneously

-- Neither Defender, Cautious Attack, or Guardian Stance can be active at same time

Is this intended or a bug? All are modal abilities.

Edited by fibes88

9 answers to this question

It's not too big an issue with the reroll feature, but it does add to the current convoluted nature of talent progression.  How would a player know which are exclusive and which are not without specific information in the spell description, i.e., zealous auras?  None of those fighter abilities violate the stacking/suppression rules.

Based on what's in the description for Defender and Cautious Attack i don't see why Eder can't 'adopt a more conservative combat strategy' and 'attack from a defensive posture'.

Well, back to beating my head against PotD Dweller.  Love the game btw!

Edited by fibes88

Hello again.  If one modal ability affects Deflection for instance (Defender applies a penalty to Deflection of -5) then another modal that also affects Deflection (Guardian Stance applies +10 to Deflection) only one of those is going to be able to be activated at a time.  Does that make sense?  Thanks for your support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

So, multiple modals are allowed to be active simultaneously on one character, unless they affect the same stat, in which case they become exclusive.  That makes sense.

But, that leaves the issue of Guardian Stance being exclusive when it only affects the Fighter's accuracy, not deflection.  Shouldn't it then be allowed to remain active with either Defender or Cautious Attack?

Edited by fibes88

Guardian Stance and Gallant's Focus coexisting contradicts every caveat you mentioned. Same scenarios, different stat.

There's definitely conflicting mechanics going on.

I hereby declare the whole thing ridiculous.  I'm still bringing Eder through Path of the Damned with me.  We'll find something constructive for him to do.

Edited by fibes88