White March pricing/availability

I was hoping to buy it before then, while I still have money... I have two days off work right after it comes out, which is perfect, but this rate I'll be broke by then  ;(  haha

Any word on the price? I saw a thread claiming that Part 1 will be 14.95 USD by itself or something like that, and that you could buy both parts one and two at once for more, but the source link was broken.

I was hoping to buy it before then, while I still have money... I have two days off work right after it comes out, which is perfect, but this rate I'll be broke by then  ;(  haha

Any word on the price? I saw a thread claiming that Part 1 will be 14.95 USD by itself or something like that, and that you could buy both parts one and two at once for more, but the source link was broken.

Funny you should say that.....i just celebrated my birthday early and was worried that i'd be broke on the 25th,so i put $25into steam wallet.

Make easy money at home on your own time....I do:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/swaguser19246113

Funny you should say that.....i just celebrated my birthday early and was worried that i'd be broke on the 25th,so i put $25into steam wallet.

Great idea! I think I may do that, because:

Self-control is the greatest virtue.

... which I don't have (at all)!

Then again, in my opinion moral introspection is the greatest virtue, while snobbery is among my least favorite vices ;) 

Thanks for the tip, qwert!

Then again, in my opinion moral introspection is the greatest virtue, while snobbery is among my least favorite vices ;)

LOL yeah i thought it was a good idea and it turned out to be really easy.

Make easy money at home on your own time....I do:

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/swaguser19246113

Technically, from a purely economic point of view, it's a bad idea. You've basically paid steam for credit, with no real benefit to you. That money sitting in a savings account has the potential to earn you a (small) return on investment. Given that it's only $25 and you have difficulty saving, it's not a big deal, but realistically all you've done is given Valve a 0% interest loan and cost yourself the opportunity to accrue interest.

• Like 1

Technically, from a purely economic point of view, it's a bad idea. You've basically paid steam for credit, with no real benefit to you. That money sitting in a savings account has the potential to earn you a (small) return on investment. Given that it's only $25 and you have difficulty saving, it's not a big deal, but realistically all you've done is given Valve a 0% interest loan and cost yourself the opportunity to accrue interest.

If it's only a few days, it's a wash, as you'll accrue about 0 interest in that time. ;)

I was hoping to buy it before then, while I still have money... I have two days off work right after it comes out, which is perfect, but this rate I'll be broke by then ;( haha

Not even a loan because you can't withdraw money from the Steam Wallet. Your money is now permanently Valve's.

Much more interesting would be to know if there will be a boxed version to collect. For part one or two or at least for two parts together.

For a nice box I would spent a fortune. Lets say.... 30 EUR, ha, ha.

In a way, that would be cool.  I've got a boxed version of the core game, so it would be kind of neat to also own a boxed version of the expansion (though I'd rather it be just one boxed version of both parts, rather than two).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Does anyone have any idea what time specifically this will become available? 12:01am PST? I would like to think so, but many companies dont release till like 3 in the afternoon sometimes on release day.
To be clear, this sucks and all I want to do is play the white marsh content RIGHT NOW

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea what time specifically this will become available? 12:01am PST? I would like to think so, but many companies dont release till like 3 in the afternoon sometimes on release day.

Educated guess would be 10:00am PDT / 15:00 GMT.

I feel like Paradox has done a pretty poor low-effort job marketing the expansion and the lack of pre-order option is kinda weird.

Agreed. There's a deafening silence about the expansion, that's for sure. Not even a mention on GOG or Steam yet and the release is only hours away.