Sneak Attack is not triggered if rogue comes out from Stealth in mid combat.

Kpista

Question

Hi Developers,

I encountered this issue now at Old Nua Level 3. I ran from an Ogre to "charm" him to a much better fighting position with shooting him when the distance became relatively big. At mid road, my rogue waited the Ogre in stealth mode to join into the fun and assist my ranger.

When my rogue came out from stealth with a shot with the bow the sneak attack have not been triggered!

Could you please check this bug? I think it a relevant one since with this a huge advantage of the rogue class' sneak attack ability is lost.

The save file and output can be found under this dropbox link. The fight has not been finished since the Ogre finished the chase of us.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg9kvttmyfceih9/Save%20and%20Output.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hello Kpista, 

Sneak attack is activated if the target is Blinded, Flanked, Hobbled, Paralyzed, Petrified, Prone, Stuck, Stunned, Wakened, Distracted, or get hit with an attack within the first 2 seconds of combat. 

It could be that you exceeded the 2 second grace period where you would have been able to gain sneak attack. I checked your save file and I was able to get sneak attack by attacking with your rogue right off the bat.

Thank you for your support. 

• Like 2