How to kill the master below

Is it actually possible? How? I summoned all the stuff I could summon... a few blights, spiders and beetles, she just breathed on everyting and everyone died without even landing a hit... I have only seen the thing killed on youtube using chanters to summon drakes and undead. Is the only way to kill it with a chanter in the party?

Anyone got any tips for me?

Spread out with your tanks in front so she doesn't hit everyone with the breath.

If you're not playing Path of the Damned (for which you need to lower her defenses/buff accuracy first) just having druids casiing Hold Beasts on her works wonders since dragons are beasts.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 1

A chanter isn't required.

You can solo it with a fair amount of classes (if not all) including the much shunned ranger and paladin.

If you have too much trouble use Adragan traps, they are cheesy and not at all required but very satisfying.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

See above posts for more serious answers.

If you're really looking to cheese it up, try luring 2-3 Xaurip archers to stand directly in her way. She'll get stuck behind them.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

On Path of the Damned, I generally cast Miasma of Dull-Mindedness until it stuck, at which point you can just lock down the dragon using mind control and paralysis (e.g.  Mental Binding). Summons from figurines, the Paralysis scroll, etc. help a lot. Also helps if you inflict Weakened somehow (e.g. Ryngrim's Enervating Terror), since it stacks with Miasma (Miasma inflicts stat penalties, not penalties to defenses).

Oh, and eat all your stat food before the battle. And use potions.

Might have changed in 2.0 though.

• 2 months later...

I think this dragon is unkillable... I just get killed either by it or the 50 other creatures it sees to have with it... please someone help me kill it. All I find on youtube are cheats or people 50 of the same scrolls who have eaten 30 meals... surely there must be a way to kill the dragon and his friends without "cheating"?

I'm on hard difficulty.

^ What level are you? What is your party composition?

Perhaps you could dropbox your saved game so I could have a look at it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

All the party are level 9: Fighter, barbarian, ranger, priest, rogue, wizard

Unfortunately your save doesn't work for me; I guess that's because you're on 2.03 whereas I'm on 2.02.

That said, your being level 9 is likely a big part of the problem. The Adra Dragon is a level-12 encounter, and meant to be the hardest in the base game. It can probably be done at level 9 too, but not without exploiting cheesy tactics like spamming Scrolls of Paralysis.

I also seem to understand you are trying to confront the dragon right away. I suggest you agree to help her instead—that will give you the option to end the quest in a different, easier way OR to betray the dragon and come back to the fight with a nifty talent that will greatly help you against this and other dragons.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Enjoying a good fight? Level 12 guys deserve to have some fun too (and you'd still have Act IV to enjoy the loot; not a big deal but better than nothing) :)

(If you have TWM pt. I, the level cap is actually 14 btw)

EDIT:

Oh, and going all-in on a dragon is never a good idea. You should spread your party and initiate hostility with your tank; let the tank take the breath weapon and the rest of your guys flank the dragon.

Edited by AndreaColombo

• 1 month later...

Well I did it on normal difficulty at level 13 after several attempts and 200+ hours of playing. I found it easier not to bother going to get scale breaker and just after the first conversation killing the two ardagons and then the priests and then the dragon. Wiped out half my party and all my summons but only took a few scrolls of paralysis, hold beasts and malestrom. It was best to send the summons to die and take the wing buffets and breath weapons.

What's really annoying is that I have no idea anymore who killed it, it must be one of the hardest creatures but when I look at the toughest creatures killed by my party members I see things like priest (ewthigan or something similar) or forest lurkers! How can that be? ...whoever killed the arda dragon couldn't have killed anything else more powerful. 

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

I recently beat this fight by running in circles with Sagani and occasionally shooting the dragon. I only did this for the last 20% of its health and it took a while, but in theory I can't see a reason this tactic wouldn't work for the whole fight. You'd need to carefully kill off the adds separately but I found a way to do this that doesn't properly aggro the dragon.

It's "perfectly" doable at level 9, but it does mean you need some nifty equipment on your toons. Use the survivalist scroll first, then eat stat increase food, have potions on the ready, the resistance ones on your MT and dps ones on your offtank/dpsers. Agree to free the dragon first. Betray it and return. Then you sneak by it to the right and start off the fight by killing off all the xaurips. Once you're done, the dragon will approach with the rest of it's buddies. Spawn trash for it to target with the breath, then spawn more trash for it to target and 2-3 shot. Kill off rest of the trash, while Durance buffs the crap out of your party and while Aloth debuffs the crap out of the dragon. If you have Kana, then remember to use the fear resistance chant. When everything but the dragon is dead, send in Eder/Mt along with another soldier/monk/paladin. You might as well keep your party close by, but not so that it gets hit by any stray dragon breath. Keep on debuffing with whomever has the capabilities of doing so and keep on buffing/and healing with your priest (you might also want to equip some resurrection scrolls on some1 with high lore ;)).
Sooner or later this'll work, but at that level you might as well just be prepared to reload a couple of times, since the cone on the dragon's breath is BS :p