Okay, so I've been thinking about my stat spread. Something like

M 18

D 14

C 10

P 16

I 10

R 10

Equipped with medium armor (probably Eder's), with Weapon focus Soldier (or Adventurer for those sexy estocs). Moon Godlike for the healing or Coastal Aumaua for the towering physique ability. Opinions?

Edited by Judicator

I just tested with a second chance ring and unbroken in 1.06, or whatever the current version is.

When I get knocked the first time the combat log says 'unbroken activated' and I get back up. The log then listed an attack by a shade and then listed 'second chance activated' . I then got knocked out again after some more hits.

Prior to the experiment I had been knocked out 15 times. Afterwards I had 17 knockouts. Based on this I'd say that the two effects do not stack, as in you can't get back up twice in the same fight. If you have unbroken then a second chance item does nothing for you. I got knocked out twice, first time got back up and then second time did not. If they both work I'd have gotten up again and then been knocked out a total of 18 times.

I am not sure if unbroken gets you a better revival than second chance does, as in do you get back up with better endurance and buffs, I think you do based on the perk description for unbroken but the description of second chance is vague.

Wait, what? Unbroken activates automatically?

Should it even do that?

That's not how I interpreted the skill -_-

Edited by Psychevore

M 18

D 14

C 10

P 16

I 10

R 10

Equipped with medium armor (probably Eder's), with Weapon focus Soldier (or Adventurer for those sexy estocs). Moon Godlike for the healing or Coastal Aumaua for the towering physique ability. Opinions?

It looks OK. If it was me I'd drop some intellect and add it to resolve for the better dialogue, concentration and deflection, but it won't make that big of a difference.

Soldier is a fine choice with pikes, greatswords, and the two biggest hitting range weapons for the alpha strike. Adventurer gets you the super effective Estoc but the Warbow, while great for sustained ranged combat, is not the best for a one shot alpha before swapping to melee.

Since none of your stats are maxed out any of the races will work for the stat spread you have listed.

I personally dislike the godlike race, especially the moon godlike with its OP AoE heal three times per encounter but that is up to you. If you are not planning on standing at the front taking hits, assuming this based on the medium armor, then the coastal Amaumau ability might not get as much use. The free weapon slot from Island Amaumau can be useful in giving you additional flexibility in your weapon load outs - have a two hander, shield and a ranged, or have two big hitting ranged weapons for two alpha strikes.

M 18

D 14

C 10

P 16

I 10

R 10

It looks OK. If it was me I'd drop some intellect and add it to resolve for the better dialogue, concentration and deflection, but it won't make that big of a difference.

Soldier is a fine choice with pikes, greatswords, and the two biggest hitting range weapons for the alpha strike. Adventurer gets you the super effective Estoc but the Warbow, while great for sustained ranged combat, is not the best for a one shot alpha before swapping to melee.

Since none of your stats are maxed out any of the races will work for the stat spread you have listed.

I personally dislike the godlike race, especially the moon godlike with its OP AoE heal three times per encounter but that is up to you. If you are not planning on standing at the front taking hits, assuming this based on the medium armor, then the coastal Amaumau ability might not get as much use. The free weapon slot from Island Amaumau can be useful in giving you additional flexibility in your weapon load outs - have a two hander, shield and a ranged, or have two big hitting ranged weapons for two alpha strikes.

I don't want to drop int, I hate playing retard characters (even if there is no moron speak in the game), and PoE is not hard enough to warrant such blatant powergaming IMO.

• Like 1

Judicator - check your PMs :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I feel like engagement might be more important now in 2.0.

Running through POTD in the 2.0 beta build and basically if you are not engaged, the npc just runs right past you to your squishies. 

At release I feel like engagement really didn't matter much at all. NPC's would just pile onto the nearest for the most part. Now, anyone not locked down is going to target the weakest link.

Running through POTD in the 2.0 beta build and basically if you are not engaged, the npc just runs right past you to your squishies. 

At release I feel like engagement really didn't matter much at all. NPC's would just pile onto the nearest for the most part. Now, anyone not locked down is going to target the weakest link.

Sounds like you're right.

There's always other ways though, like having a lot of ciphers and spamming echo. ;)

There's enough summon items to be had that will clog the path to your squishes regardless of any 2.0 game mechanic change.

There is always a way to trivialize any content in any game you can imagine. Doesn't mean you have to abuse it though. Personally, when I was younger I enjoyed min/maxing and abusing every loophole I could find. Now, I much prefer to stay within certain constraints. I don't use summons, I don't use obviously overpowered abilities. It makes it harder, and for me that makes it more enjoyable.

Can anyone confirm whether this seems to be the case in 2.0 live? Specifically, are Hold the Line and the Guarding property now considered potentially worth it, in actually having an effect on holding enemies in place?

• 2 months later...

The Nutcracker

Boreal Dwarf Fighter White that Wends (+1 Per) - Any race will work well, I just like Dwarves

Might - 20 - more damage and more passive regen

Why does might add more passive regen? Does it improve the skill constant recovery?

The Nutcracker

Boreal Dwarf Fighter White that Wends (+1 Per) - Any race will work well, I just like Dwarves

Might - 20 - more damage and more passive regen

Why does might add more passive regen? Does it improve the skill constant recovery?

Might increases all damage and healing dealt.  Constant Recovery is healing 'cast' by the Fighter on himself and so is modified by Might.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams