Pillars of Eternity Retrospective Discussion at PAX Prime!

Hey, everyone!

Are you planning on going to PAX Prime - Seattle next weekend? If so, we have something super awesome planned for the show this year!

Obsidian Entertainment Presents: A Pillars of Eternity Retrospective Discussion!

Get an exclusive, never-before-seen look into Pillars of Eternity's creation! The discussion will be jam-packed with stories about the team's successes and failures as they created the Kickstarter-backed game. You'll even get a sneak peek into the future of Pillars of Eternity games, including a breakdown of new game features.

Join Obsidian Entertainment's Josh Sawyer (Game Director), Adam Brennecke (Executive Producer/Lead Programmer) and Brandon Adler (Lead Producer) as they delve into the development highs and lows of creating the critically-acclaimed Pillars of Eternity!

When: Saturday, 8/29 3:00PM-4:00PM

Where: Hydra Theater

EDIT: If you aren't able to make it to PAX the panel will be streaming from the official PAX Twitch Channel!

• Like 3

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Too bad Avellone is no longer around. No offense to Josh, Adam, or Brandon...but all three of them together giving a one hour panel is going to be as dry as the Mojave in July.

That being said, I look forward to viewing this panel. Will there be a stream, or better yet, video of the full panel?

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Good panel.

Found interesting that Kaz not only designed the logo, but also came up with the name of the game.

Also confirmed that Part 2 of the White March will be the last XP. PoE 2 will be next.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Did they allude to PoE 2 as a Fig initiative, or ...   

Nope. But that would've been a good question to ask during the Q&A...and one they would probably hypothetically refer to (the conveniently non-present) Feargus...

So, can we ask that here instead?

I'm sure our good friends at Obs will have a way to get it to us :)

I honestly didn't expect another expansion after TWM pt. II, but I sure look forward to PoE 2 (and if it ends up being crowdfunded, I'll have a good $250 ready for the guys.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm sure our good friends at Obs will have a way to get it to us :)

I honestly didn't expect another expansion after TWM pt. II, but I sure look forward to PoE 2 (and if it ends up being crowdfunded, I'll have a good $250 ready for the guys.)

Ha, first comes the port to Unity 5 to be more modder friendly.

• Like 1

Well that was interesting, if only mostly anecdotal.

Also, no offense to the guy who said that it would be dull, but it was actually very funny, with the story of the space pig and the photoshop of Sagani with demon eyes taking the cake.

As for future stuff, I guess that one concept art implies that the next big threat might be humanoid giants?

As far as I'd interpret the concept art, that "humanoid giant" clearly died a looooong time ago. Also, fighting enemies that size would be looking ridiculous. 

Edited by Eisenheinrich

As for future stuff, I guess that one concept art implies that the next big threat might be humanoid giants?

The ending of the white march implies that there will be some kind of giant like enemies in the second part, at least thats how I understood it. Although the way they were described was way smaller than the one in the picture.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

The ending of the white march implies that there will be some kind of giant like enemies in the second part, at least thats how I understood it. Although the way they were described was way smaller than the one in the picture.

Ah okay! My apologies! Giants. Cool. Kill em!

Oh God, I wish Watchers of Eternity was the actual title, shortened WOE, like in ... um ... Woedica! That would be epic. Instead I have to say Pillars of Eternity, which really sounds funny in german.

Though "Säulen der Ewigkeit" sounds pretty awesome in contrast ;)

Edited by Gruftlord