What are the backer enemy companies and taverns?

We know Goose and Fox - NeoGAF, Salty Mast/CRPG = RPG Codex, Wailing Banshee = Game Banshee, Celestial Sapling is another (unknown?) backer, but there's one missing.

As for the enemy companies, according to the Kickstarter page 3 backers chose that tier, and I couldn't find info on any of them.

The Black Hound was supposed to be a backer inn but the backer never contacted them.  So they did it based on the Black Isle BG3 game that was never made.

I believe one of the enemy companies is in the inn in the market in Defiance Bay.  They do give you that awesome retribution armor.  

Edited by anameforobsidian

It's The Dracogen, and surely the most obvious one? It's the name of Steven Dengler's company and even the sign is the damned company logo. The innkeeper is also called Dengler.

I think it's great that he's able to support so many projects but c'mon, does it have to be so obvious? It just looks like in game advertising. Each time I visit there I cringe a little bit.

Your fun is wrong.

The Black Hound was supposed to be a backer inn but the backer never contacted them.  So they did it based on the Black Isle BG3 game that was never made.

I believe one of the enemy companies is in the inn in the market in Defiance Bay.  They do give you that awesome retribution armor.  

Yeah, I knew about the Black Hound reference, but not that it happened because a backer never contacted them. 5k pledge and the guy goes MIA, go figure, eh?

It's The Dracogen, and surely the most obvious one? It's the name of Steven Dengler's company and even the sign is the damned company logo. The innkeeper is also called Dengler.

I think it's great that he's able to support so many projects but c'mon, does it have to be so obvious? It just looks like in game advertising. Each time I visit there I cringe a little bit.

****, that's really really ****ty. Obsidian should've prevented that. It IS in-game advertising now that I checked it.  **** that guy.

I was assuming that the company of mercs you meet at the Dozens HQ might have been backers.

The giantslayers or something?

Wonder if he supported Numenera corebook because there's Dracogen character there :p

Wonder if he supported Numenera corebook because there's Dracogen character there :p

He did.  In fact I think he is now better known for appearing in kickstarter games than he is for his actual business.  Which doesn't say a whole lot about his business does it ;p?

Yeah, I knew about the Black Hound reference, but not that it happened because a backer never contacted them. 5k pledge and the guy goes MIA, go figure, eh?

Well, now I get the context behind the innkeepers story about the previous owner just disappearing without a trace and leaving his dog behind >_>

• Like 1